Biography of Vairamuthu
Vairamuthu was the famous Tamil Lyricist in Tamil film Industry.He was born on July 13th,1953 at Vadugapatti village in Theni District. His Father Ramaswamy Devar and Mother Angammal. His family was an agriculturist family. He started to write poems at the age of 7. So his dream ambition was to become a Poet. He composed poems at the age of 12. He developed his ambition in his child age and now became the popular Lyricist in Kollywood industry. He married to Mrs.Ponmani. His two sons are Madhan Kargi and Kabilan. They both also started their career as a Poet like their Father.
Career of Vairamuthu
Vairamuthu improved his Poetic careers by his Role model Persons were Bharathidasan, Bharathiyar, Thiruvalluvar and Kannadasan. Vairamuthu listened the thoughts of Kalaingar Karunanidhi, Periyar and Anna and made a great inspirations. He won many prizes at District level by composing his poems. At the age of 14, he became the wonderful village Poet.
After completing his school education, He studied B.A Tamil Literature in Pachaiyappa's College at Chennai. He participated in every Inter-College Competitions and won more than 20 prizes. In his college life, He got an opportunity to participate in a Poetry competition by Tamilnadu Chief Minister Karunanidhi.
Vairamuthu achieved as a Student Poet in his college. At the age of 19, he published the Poetry book "Vaigarai Megangal". Then he completed M.A Tamil Literature and won a Gold Medal in the exam.
Vairamuthu- The Lyricist
Vairamuthu got a chance as a Lyricist in the film "Nizhalgal", which was directed by Bharathi Raja. He made his debut in the first film "Nizhalgal" in the year 1980. His compositions nearing 6,000 songs. He has given the wonderful songs like "Kaadhal Rojave" in Roja, "Kannuku Mai Azhagu" songs etc. His every songs was toppest in Tamil film industry.He also introduced Foreign Poets and translated his songs works into Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Hindi language. "Kallikatu Ithikasam" was a Novel, written by him, won the Sahithya Academy award for Best Literary work in the year 2003. He won National awards 5 times in his best Lyrics.
Vairamuthu Poems are a full of beautiful imaginary and sweet lines. In present,He is another Lyricist Kaviyarasu Kannadasan called by tamil film industry. His partnership with the composers Ilaiyaraja and A.R.Rahman make the toppest hits songs.
Vairamuthu has published his 32 books in the last 30 years made the collection of poems, essays and novels. He was only the Lyricist to won the five National Awards. He was conferred and called as "Kaviyarasu" by Tamil Development Society of Madras in the year 1986. Tamilnadu Chief Minister M.Karunanidhi released the book "Aayiram Paadalgal", a collection of 1,000 poems by Poet Vairamuthu.
Awards for Vairamuthu
• Regional Award- Tamilnadu State Government Award in the year 1981
• Best Lyricist Award and National Award for the film Muthal Mariyaathai in the year 1986
• Best Architect of Film Awards and M.G.R Awards in the year 1989
• Kalaimaamani Award in the year 1990
• Best Lyricist Award and National Award for the film Roja in the year 1992
• Best Lyricist Award and National Award for the film Pavithra in the year 1994
• Lyricist Award and National Award for the film Karuthamma in the year 1995
• Padmashri Award in the year 2003
• Best Lyricist Award and National Award for the film Kannathil Muthamittal in the year 2003
• Bharathi Literature Prize for "Pudhu Kavithai"
• Best Lyricist Award and Tamilnadu state fil award function for the film Periyar in the year 2007
Upcoming films of Vairamuthu
• Aayiram Vilaku
• Arumbu Meesai Kurumbu Paarvai
• Kulasekaranum Koolipadaiyum
• Naan than Bala
• Kadhaluku Maranamillai
• Aanamalai Kandhan
* Sahithya Academy Award for Best Literary Work in the Literature Kallikatu Ithikasam in the year 2003
I want address/contact details of MALARVILI who translated Vyramuthu's tamil poerms into kannada as "VYRAMUTHU AVARA 33 KAVITHEGALU"