Alagappa University B.S. (AFD) APRIL 2010 ADVANCED KNITTING MACHINES AND STRUCTURES Question Paper
B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION, APRIL 2010
Fashion Apparel Management
ADVANCED KNITTING MACHINES AND STRUCTURES
Duration : 3 Hours Maximum :60 Marks
Part - A (6 × 5 = 30)
Answer All the questions.
1. (a) Write a short note on the elements of advanced modern knitting
(b) Explain and draw a neat sketch on positive feeder.
2. (a) Explain briefly on principles of needle selection.
(b) Write the scope of computerized Jacquard machine.
3. (a) Explain briefly about the methods to represent weft knit structure
(b) Explain the needle arrange and it influence in designing.
CP-3007 4.32 CP-3007
4. (a) State the factors to be considered while engineering knitted
(b) List out the effect of stitch length on knitted fabrics.
5. (a) Write the role of sinkers in production of loop knit and terry
(b) Explain the work of collar knitting machine.
6. (a) List out the properties of warp knitted fabrics.
(b) Breifly explain the working principle mini Jacquard knitting
Part - B (6 × 5 = 30)
Answer All questions.
7. (a) Explain the principle and working of yarn feeder in multi track
(b) Explain in detail about the working of pattern wheel Jacquard
with neat figure.
8. (a) Explain elaborately about various methods of ornamentation of
(b) Explain causes and remedies for different fabric faults.
9. (a) Explain, how to program and find the colour percentage of
the Autostriper with suitable example.
(b) Write a note on the following :-
(i) Stitch length.
(ii) Tuck stitch
More articles: Alagappa University question papers