Alagappa University B.S. (AFD) APRIL 2010 TEXTILE TESTING AND STANDARDS Question paper
B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION, APRIL 2010
Fashion Apparel Management
TEXTILE TESTING AND STANDARDS
Duration : 3 Hours Maximum :60 Marks
Part - A (6 × 5 = 30)
Answer All the questions.
1. (a) Write a note on regain and moisture content.
(b) Explain the working method of 'Humidostat's to control the
atmospheric conditions of textile testing room.
2. (a) Describe the working method of fibre finerness using atira
(b) Write a detailed note on stress and strain curves for different
3. (a) Explain the working principle of lea strength tester.
CP-3005 4.12 CP-3005
(b) Explain the working Principle of Electronic twist lester.
4. (a) Write a detailed note on Bursting strength tester.
(b) Explain the working method of crease recovery measurement.
5. (a) Discuss on "Reasons for poor colour fastness"
(b) Write a note on brey scales and ratings.
6. (a) Discuss on "Testing of sewing threads"
(b) Explain how to asses the seam strength and its efficiency.
Part - B (3 × 10 = 30)
Answer All questions.
7. (a) Explain in detail the importance of colour fastness in garment
(b) Explain the working principle of Pressley tester for fibre bundle
8. (a) Write a detailed note on yarn numbering systems and also
explain the working of any one tester used for yarn count.
(b) Discuss on "Dimensional stability of knitted fabric.
9. (a) Explain the working of trash analyser.
(b) Write a detailed note on :
(ii) Drape and stiffness
(iii) Sewabilty of sewing threads
More articles: Alagappa University question papers