Culture and Festivals
Tamil Recipe - Channa Masala
Posted Date: 16-Feb-2011
: 8 (
Channa Masala is delicious side dish for Chola puri or sappathi. Channa dal is rich in protein so channa masala is very healthy dish.
Ingredients to make channa masala
1. Channa Dal – 100 grms
2. Onion (big)– 3
3. Small Onion - 2
4. Tomato – 3
5. Green chilli – 2
6. Red Chilli powder – 1 tea spoon
7. Coriander powder – 1 tea spoon
8. Turmeric Powder – ¼ tea spoon
9. Garam masala powder – 1 tea spoon
10. Oil – 4 tb spoon
11. Ginger – 1 inch
12. Garlic – 5 pieces
13. Salt – for taste
14. Sweet Cumin - ¼ tsp
Method to make Channa Masala
1. Soak Channa Dal for 6 to 7 hours. If you want to prepare it in morning then soak it in overnight .
2. Cut onion and Tomato in to small pieces.
3. Grind Garlic and Ginger with some sweet cumin and 2 small onion to make Ginger Garlic paste.
4. Pressure cooks Channa Dal.
5. Heat oil in a pan and fry some sweet cumin put onion and fry until golden brown (for quick fry add some salt) add Ginger Garlic paste fry it for two seconds.
6. Add tomato and make it fry. Oil starts separating from the mixture.
7. Add Red Chilly Powder, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala Powder and Turmeric Powder one by one mix well. The base gravy will in 3 minutes. .
8. Add some water to make enough thickness, make boil it for 2 minutes.
9. Add Cooked Channa dal in to the gravy. Mix the gravy well and boil it in medium stream for 5 minutes. Add some coriander leafs for decorate Channa Masala.
Tips to prepare the Tamil Recipe Ven Pongal
Tamil Recipe to make Coriander Rice (Malli Satham)
Pakkoda kuruma – A traditional Tamilnadu recipe
How to make Tamilnadu gravy recipe Cauliflower masala gravy
Tamil Recipe to prepare Pundu Satham - Garlic Rice
Pumpkin Halwa - Tamil Sweet/Dessert Recipe
Tamil Style Fish Curry Recipe
Tamil Food Menu Onion Rawa Dosa Recipe
Tamilnadu Festival Diwali sweet Recipes Paruppu Poli Recipe
Tamil Vegetarian Dishes Samayal | Tamil Nadu Vegetable Biryani Recipe
Read related articles:
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Tamil Recipe - Channa Masala"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Online TSR members
Awards & Gifts
Education in Tamilnadu
Tamilnadu DDE admissions
Last 7 Days
Tamilnadu travel guide
Tamilnadu tourist places
Temples in Tamilnadu
Entertainment in Tamilnadu
Tamil movie online booking
Tamil movie actors
Tamil movie actress
Indian Super League-Football league in India
Tamil nadu 12 Result 2014 and What to do after Higher secondary Exam
Summer Camps in Tamilnadu Courses and Activities 2014
SSLC Examination Timetable and Timings.
Tamilnadu SLET Exam 2014 State Eligibility Test Notification
TSR top 5 performers
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
All Rights Reserved.