Ingredients to make channa masala
1. Channa Dal – 100 grms
2. Onion (big)– 3
3. Small Onion - 2
4. Tomato – 3
5. Green chilli – 2
6. Red Chilli powder – 1 tea spoon
7. Coriander powder – 1 tea spoon
8. Turmeric Powder – ¼ tea spoon
9. Garam masala powder – 1 tea spoon
10. Oil – 4 tb spoon
11. Ginger – 1 inch
12. Garlic – 5 pieces
13. Salt – for taste
14. Sweet Cumin - ¼ tsp
Method to make Channa Masala
1. Soak Channa Dal for 6 to 7 hours. If you want to prepare it in morning then soak it in overnight .
2. Cut onion and Tomato in to small pieces.
3. Grind Garlic and Ginger with some sweet cumin and 2 small onion to make Ginger Garlic paste.
4. Pressure cooks Channa Dal.
5. Heat oil in a pan and fry some sweet cumin put onion and fry until golden brown (for quick fry add some salt) add Ginger Garlic paste fry it for two seconds.
6. Add tomato and make it fry. Oil starts separating from the mixture.
7. Add Red Chilly Powder, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala Powder and Turmeric Powder one by one mix well. The base gravy will in 3 minutes. .
8. Add some water to make enough thickness, make boil it for 2 minutes.
9. Add Cooked Channa dal in to the gravy. Mix the gravy well and boil it in medium stream for 5 minutes. Add some coriander leafs for decorate Channa Masala.
More articles: Tamil recipes
No responses found. Be the first to comment...