Culture and Festivals
Tamilnadu Elections 2011 A brief history about AIADMK party Jayalalitha AIADMK party details
: 30 (
Get to know the details and history of Jayalalitha AIADMK party. In this resource I have tried to explain about the emergence of AIADMK party and the results of AIADMK party till 2006 elections. Dr. MGR party and Jayalalitha political career is mentioned below.
A brief history of AIADMK party How did Jayalaitha party AIADMK formed?
• 1972 All India Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) party came into existence. It was founded on October 17, 1972 by Maruthar Gopalamenon Ramachandran popularly known as MGR
• In this year
symbol of AIADMK party
election symbol 'Two Leaves' was adopted.
• AIADMK party has tasted his first victory in the same year by
. This party has created a history by winning with a margin of more then 1.5 lakh votes margin.!!
• Party has changed the name to All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) from
Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam party
• In 1977 elections
has won 18 seats. Dr.MGR was sworn in as chief minister of Tamilnadu on June 30, 1977
• The AIADMK defeated
and emerged as a stunning party by winning 127 of the 195 seats it contested.
• In the year 1980 there held
, MGR and his AIADMK party won again and came back to power. A big blow to congress party.
• MGR became chief minister again on June 9, 1980
• AIADMK is the first party to to introduction of
Noon Day Meal
for school children.
• It is the time where relations between the Congress party and the AIADMK party is getting loosened.
• Congress party allied with DMK party and won 37 seats out of 39 where as AIADMK has won just 2.
• For the first time J. Jayalalithaa has came into picture.
• Jayalalithaa was elected as member of Rajya Sabha.
• MGR's health was not good and subsequently getting hospitalized. Managed to win 12 Lok sabha election in 1984.
has merged in AIADMK and Jayalalitha has become the leader of the two groups.
• After the dissimal of Dr. MGR he party has broken down into 2 groups, one lead by
and the other by J. Jayalalithaa
• Due to the party separation
M Karunanidhi party DMK
wins the election after 20 years. This was one of the great achievement in DMK crown.
• In the same year, the two separated parties has came together and won the
in Madurai West Marungapuri.
• In 1990, The DMK government was dismissed by the central government led by prime minister Chandra Shekhar Singh.
• Elections were postponed to June 15 from May 24 due to Rajiv Gandhi's assassination.
• AIADMK has swept the assembly elections by winning 164 seats and J.Jayalalithaa became the Chief Minister of Tamilnadu.
• Jayalalitha was arrested on December 7th,1996 and kept in central jail,
• AIADMK has managed to win only 4 assembly seats.
• In 1988 AIMDMK party has marched forwarded with the alliance of BJP, MDMK, PMK, TRC and Janata Party.
• 18 out of 21 candidates who contested on behalf of the AIADMK has won the elections.
• Jayalalithaa won the
Tamilnadu 2001 assembly election
to become chief minister once again.
• Many cases were pending, after having been cleared by the courts she became chief minister.
• Many popular decisions were taken at this time, like banning lottery tickets, liquor restrictions etc
• A great tragedy in Tamilnadu, the state is hit by Tsunami
• Jayalalitha has sent a special task force to the Satyamangalam forests in October 2004 and Sandalwood smuggler Veerappan shot dead.
• AIADMK party lost all parliamentary seats to opposition
• The party lost and pushed out of power by DMK party which is led by M Karunanidhi.
AIADMK Manifesto's in Tamilnadu Election 2011
Actor Vijay to Campaign AIADMK party in Tamilnadu assembly elections 2011
Popular Actors are in AIADMK fold for the upcoming election 2011 in Tamilnadu
Viko's MDMK may quit from AIADMK alliance in upcomming Tamilnadu assembly elections 2011
AIADMK Candidate list in Tamilnadu assembly election 2011
Tamil nadu elections 2011: AIDMK constituency’s allocations likely to come to an end today
Tamil nadu elections 2011: The possibilities of victory of two major parities AIADMK and DMK
AIADMK manifesto for Assembly Election 2011
AIADMK Party's Manifesto's in Tamilnadu Assembly Elections 2011 Part -1
Analysis of percentage of votes polled by political parties in Tamilnadu assembly elections 2011
Read related articles:
Tamilnadu elections 2011
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Tamilnadu Elections 2011 A brief history about AIADMK party Jayalalitha AIADMK party details"
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Online TSR members
Awards & Gifts
Education in Tamilnadu
Tamilnadu DDE admissions
Last 7 Days
Tamilnadu travel guide
Tamilnadu tourist places
Temples in Tamilnadu
Entertainment in Tamilnadu
Tamil movie online booking
Tamil movie actors
Tamil movie actress
Tamil Guru peyarchi 2015 rasi palan Guru transit Astrology
Poorvika mobile New year and Pongal offer 2015 discount sale
Univercell Mobiles New year offer and Pongal offers 2015
Thirumoorthy hills Udumalpet Tamil nadu
January 2015 New year Tamil Rasi palan Prediction
TSR top 5 performers
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
All Rights Reserved.