Benefits of Mobile number portability(MNP)in Tamilnadu/India
Mobile Number Portability services available in India from to-day, we will be able to switch over to any of our choice of service provider without changing the present mobile number within the service area. You can change service provider with the same mobile number but can't change the current service area. If you have subscribed the mobile connection in Chennai and you can't change it from Chennai to Maduri. This facility is available for post paid,pre-paid,GSM &CDMA. The post paid connection subscriber will have to clear the outstanding dues if any before applying for the MNP as well as the Pre-paid subscribers will have to use the available balance. New mobile connections not completed 90days not eligible for this facility
How to switch to other network area using MNP in Tamilnadu
- Porting charges will be Rs.19/-.
- It will take maximum seven days to swith over to another service provider.
- You have to first contact the new service provider whom you want to port the mobile number.
- Obtain the Customer Acquisition Form(CAF)& Porting Form from new service provider.
- Read the eligibility and other conditions carefully.
- Get the Unique Port Code number by sending a SMS with text "PORT MOBILE NO." to 1900 from the mobile you want to port. This SMS is chargable.
- You will receive the UPC no.with 8digit alpha-numric by SMS from 1901.
- You have to fill the CAF & Porting form and submit to new service provider with the details of UPC no.alongwith necessary documents required by new service provider.
- You have to buy a new sim card with the new service provider. But keep the exisiting sim card active, it will be discontinued once the new operator activates the service.
- On submission of the application to new service provider, they will send you a sms in exisiting sim card the time & date for activation of thier service.
- There will be a 2hours no service period from the porting time given in SMS and no service period will be in mid-night 12Hrs to 5AM.
- You can replace the old SIM card with the new one in your handset.