M.B.A. (Hospital Management) DEGREE EXAMINATION, DECEMBER 2009.
PRINCIPLES OF HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
SECTION A — (5 * 8 = 40 marks)
Answer any FIVE questions.
1. State the importance of hospital management.
2. What do you understand by MBO?
3. What are the principles to be considered in the organization?
4. Explain the advantages of decentralization.
5. Explain the characteristics of motivation.
6. Distinguish a leader from a manager.
7. Bring out the salient features of communication.
8. What do you understand by supply chain management?
SECTION B — (4 × 15 = 60 marks)
Answer any FOUR questions.
9. Define decision making. Explain its importance.
10. What are the various steps in hospital planning process?
11. Discuss briefly about the different types of delegation.
12. Define direction. Discuss the principles of effective direction.
13. Explain briefly about the theories of motivation.
14. Detail the types of co-ordination.
15. State the various steps in business process outsourcing.