SUBJECT:COMPUTER ORGANIZATION AND ARCHITECTURE (13B)
TIME : 3 HOURS
Max. Marks: 75
Section-A (10 * 1 = 10 Marks)
1. Draw the logic symbol of a two input AND gate.
2. Convert the following binary number 1110 into decimal.
3. What is the Decimal equivalent of binary 0.0625?
4. What is the 9's complement of 298.64?
5. Write the Distributive law?
6. Define bootstrap loader?
7. Name any two binary codes?
8. Expand CAM.
9. Define hit ratio?
10. Define baud rate?
Section-B (5 * 5 = 25 Marks)
11. a) Convert (63718)10 to binary, octal and hexadecimal. (Or)
b) Convert (AB2A.9C)16 to decimal, octal and binary.
12. a) Explain the Basic logic gates with its graphical symbol. (Or)
b) Simplify the following using K-map f(w,x,y,z) = S(1,3,7,11,15) and
d(w,x,y,z) = S(0,2,5)
13. a) Simplify the Boolean function ABCD+ABC'D'+A'BCD+A'BCD' to the minimum
number of literals. (Or)
b) Implement the following expression F=xy+x'y'+y'z using NOR gate.
14. a) Explain briefly any one Peripheral Device. (Or)
b) Write short notes on Modes of Transfer.
15. a) Explain the Hardware Organization of Associative Memory with its suitable
block diagram. (Or)
b) With suitable diagram, explain the memory hierarchy in a computer system.
Section-C ( 5 * 8 = 40 Marks)
16. a) Perform the subtractions with steps:
(i) Using 2's complement 11011.00 - 01111.00
(ii) Using 9's and 10's complement 5250 – 321. (Or)
b) Design a logic gate that has four inputs a,b,c,d and only one output y. The output
should go high whenever a>b or c>=d.
17. a) Simplify the following Boolean function by using Tabulation Method.
F= S(0,1,2,8,10,11,14,15). (Or)
b) Simplify the following Boolean function using K-map (a) Sum of Product (b) Product
of Sum as F(A,B,C,D)= S(0,1,2,5,8,9,10)
18. a) Explain in detail Input-Output Interface. (Or)
b) Discuss about the Asynchronous Data Transfer.
19. a) Discuss briefly about Auxiliary Memory. (Or)
b) Write in detail about Virtual Memory.
20. a) Explain in detail the Cache Memory. (Or)
b) Briefly explain about Main Memory.
No responses found. Be the first to respond...