A Short Description About Tamil Recipe Idli Chilli Powder
Idli Chilli Powder (In Tamil 'Idli Milagai Podi') is a traditional and a famous side dish for South Indian Tamil Recipe's Dosa's and Idli's. This Tamil Recipe Idli Chilli Powder have a prominent place at every Tamilian houses as they have this podi on their kitchen cabinets stored in a container.
At hotels when you order for Idli or Dosas you will be served with this Tamil Recipe Idli Chilli Powder along with other Tamil Recipes Chutney and Sambar.
This Tamil Recipe Idli Milagai Podi mixed with gingelly oil which is coated on Idlis is just great to taste at home and is considered as the best travel recipe as it is very helpful at the time of journey as chutney's and sambar are unsuitable on long trips.
Ingredients Required for Tamil Podi Recipe Idli Chilli Powder
Bengal gram dal - 1/2 cup
Urad dal - 3/4 cup
Asafoetida - 1 piece
Red chillies - 1 1/2 cup
Black sesame(Ellu) - 25 gms
Jaggery - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Method: How to Make Tamil Podi Recipe Idli/Dosa Chilli Powder
1. Heat oil in a fry pan and roast bengal gram dal, urad dal till it turns light brown in colour.
2. Next fry Red chillies and keep it aside.
3. Dry fry sesame (Ellu) and keep it aside.
4. Grind the dals into a coarse powder added with red chillies, roasted sesame, jaggery and salt to taste in a mixer grinder.
5. Take a teaspoon of Tamil Recipe Idli Chilli Powder, mix it with gingelly oil and have it with your hot Idli's and Dosa's which will make your breakfast more tasty.
Check Our for More Tamil Recipes Here.