A Short Description About Mango Rice - Tamil Rice Recipes
Tamilian Cuisine is more popular for wide range of delicious Rice Recipes. One such popular and authentic specialities is Tamil Rice Recipe Mango Rice which is indeed great to relish. Mango is rich in iron and helps to solve anemic problems and hence it is included in the menu list for Seemantham or Valaikappu Festival (Bangle Festival) a ritual for pregnant women. Here is the preparation to make delicious Tamil Recipe Mango Rice.
Ingredients Required for Tamil Recipe Mango Rice
Rice - 1 cup
Unripe Mango (medium size) - 4
Mustard - 3 tsp
Bengal gram dal - 2 tsp
Urad dal - 3 tsp
Groundnuts (Peanuts) - 1 tablespoon
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Red chillies - 7
Coconut scrapped - 3 tablespoon
Curry leaves - a few
Coriander leaves - a few
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
Method: How to Make Mango Rice - Tamil Recipe Rice Variety
1. Spread the Cooked Steamed rice in a plate and allow it to cool.
2. Wash and peel the skin and grate the mangoes and keep it aside.
2. Grind scrapped coconut with 4 red chillies added with 2 teaspoons of mustard to a fine powder and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When it stops crackling add urad dal, bengal gram dal, groundnuts, red chillies and curry leaves.
4. Fry it well and then add grated mangoes added with turmeric powder and fry well till the raw smell goes off.
5. Now add the grounded powder and mix well. Cook for two more minutes.
6. Remove from heat and mix it with steamed rice by adding salt to taste. Garnish with coriander leaves.
7. Your tasty Tamil Recipe Mango Rice is ready to relish, and it tastes well when served with roasted pappad.
More articles: Tamil recipes