A Short Description About Tamil Recipe Lady's Finger Masala
Tamil Recipe Lady's Finger Masala is more popular around the world. This Tamil Recipe Gravy on Lady's Finger Masala is very simple to make which uses some common spices readily available at your kitchen. Tamil Recipe Lady's Finger Masala is a thickish gravy made with curd added with spices which give you a rich aromatic flavor and I am sure that you will enjoy its unique taste.
Ingredients Required for Tamil Recipe Lady's Finger Masala
Lady's Finger (Vendakkai) - 250 gms
Chilli powder - 1 tsp (to your spicy level)
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder (Jeera powder) - 1/4 tsp
Green chillies - 2
Tomato - 1
Garam Masala Powder - a pinch
Cashewnuts - 10
Onion - 2
Poppy seed (kasa kasaa) - 2 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Curd - 2 cups
Oil for cooking
Salt to taste
Method: How to Make Tamil Recipe Lady's Finger Masala
1. Cut lady's finger into 1 inch piece and deep fry in oil till golden brown and keep it aside.
2. Chop onions, green chillies and tomatoes into thin long slices.
3. Dry fry khus khus (Poppy seed), cashew till light brown and keep it aside.
4. Heat 1/2 tsp of oil and fry chopped onions till light brown and grind this with fried cashew and khus khus into a fine paste.
5. Heat oil in a fry pan and season it with little bit of Fennel seed (Sombu), Cummin seeds and add slitted green chillies and chopped tomatoes.
6. Add the grounded onion cashew paste to the gravy added with sugar and salt to taste.
7. Fry till oil separates. Now add chilli powder, coriander powder, cummin powder and fry for a minute.
8. Now add the whipped curd and cook till oil floats on top.
9. Now add the deep fried lady's finger into the gravy and remove the pan from heat.
10. Garnish with curry leaves and serve your delicious Tamil Recipe Lady's Finger Masala.
More articles: Tamil recipes