A Short Description About Tamil Recipe Soup Rasam
Rasam is a very common dish in South Indian Meals. People in Tamil Nadu make different kinds of Rasam. Tamil Recipe Soup Rasam is a very good appetizer as a soup and it is simply great when taken with steamed rice. Try this Tamil Recipe Soup Rasam which is somewhat different from the usual rasams you make at home. Here comes the recipe.
Ingredients Required for Tamil Recipe Soup Rasam
Ingredients for Rasam Powder:
Bengal gram dal - 1 tsp
Dhaniya - 2 tsp
Red chillie - 2
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds (Jeeragam)- 1/2 tsp
Ingredients for Soup Rasam:
Toor dall - 1/4 cup
Onion - 1 small size (chop it length wise as thin as possible)
Green chilli - 1
Garlic - 4 flakes
Curry leaves - a few
Ajinomoto - a pinch
Coriander leaves - a fewcorina
Aniseeds (Sombu) - 1/4 tsp
Mustard - 1/4 tsp
Ghee - 1 to 2 tsp
Method: How To make Tamil Recipe Soup Rasam
1. Wash and pressure cook toor dal with 4 to 5 cups of water and keep it aside. Filter this water in a separate vessel and keep it aside.
2. Fry bengal gram dal, dhaniya and red chillies with little oil. Remove from heat and grind this with pepper and cummin seeds to a fine powder. This makes the Tamil Recipe Rasam Powder.
3. Heat ghee in a fry pan and add mustard seed. When it splutters add Aniseed (Sombu) followed with mashed garlic flakes, slitted green chillies, chopped onions and curry leaves. Add pinch of turmeric powder and fry till the onions turns light brown in colour.
4. Now add chopped tomatoes and fry it well and add the dal water to it along with asafoetida powder and add the prepared Rasam powder to this and stir well and make it to a boil.
5. After a few minutes add the cooked dal, salt to taste and add aginomotto to enhance the taste of the rasam. Then cook for two minutes and remove from heat.
6. Garnish this Tamil Recipe Soup Rasam with corriander leaves and serve hot.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...