A Short Description on Tamil Recipe Mahali Kizhangu Pickles
Mahali Kizhangu is a pickle variety which is more popular in South India and especially in Tamil Nadu. Tamil Recipe Mahali Kizhangu Pickles occupies an important place, at most of the houses of Brahmin Communities. Mahali Kizhangu has its own medicinal effects as it serves as an appetizer and as well as blood purifier. When refrigerated it will last for more than 2 years. If you wish to keep this for a longer period, just don't add curd while storing. Prepare this Tamil Recipe Mahali Kizhangu as mentioned below and refrigerate it. When ever you want to have this pickle, take a bowl and put two to three teaspoons of this pickle and add laddle of curd to it, mix well and have it. Tamil Recipe Mahali Kizhangu is a perfect side dish with Tamil Recipe Sambar Rice and a great combination when taken with Podi Varieties.
Ingredients Required for Tamil Recipe Mahali Kizhangu Pickle
Mahali Kizhangu - 1/2 Kg
Red Chillies - 1/4 Kg
Mustard - 1/4 Kg
Salt - 50 gms (To your taste level)
Curd - Mix it as and when required.
Method: How To Make Tamil Recipe Mahali Kizhangu Pickle
1. Buy tender Mahali Kizhangu and soak well in water.
2. Soak red chillies and mustard in water for quiet some time.
2. Meanwhile scrap away the skin of Mahali Kizangu, cut it into two halves and remove the center stem.
3. Cut the Mahali Kizhangu into small pieces.
4. Now grind the soaked Mustard and red chillies to a fine paste.
5. Mix this paste with the Mahali Kizhangu and add required salt.
6. Mix it well and store it in a jar and keep refrigerated for longer use.
7. When ever you want to have this pickle just take two teaspoons of this pickle and put ladle full of curd and mix well.
8. Your Spicy Tamil Recipe Mahali Kizhangu Picklesis ready which serves as a great side dish for everything.