A Short Description About Tamil Recipe Aval Upma
Aval Upma (Poha Upma or Rice Flakes Upma) is a popular and Easy Tamil Recipe which is perfect and great for your morning breakfast. Aval or Poha or Rice Flakes is rich in Iron content. Tamil Recipe Aval Upma is one the simple and quickest recipes that can be made within 15 minutes. Kids Tamil Recipe Aval Upma serves as a Lunch Recipe for your kids at school or it can be enjoyed as an after school snacks. Aval Upma a Quick Tamil Recipe is loved equally by kids and adults for its delicious taste.
Ingredients Required for Tamil Recipe Aval Upma:
Aval or Poha or Rice Flakes - 3 cups
Mustard seed - 1/2 teaspoon
Urad dal - 1 teaspoon
Green chillies - 2 or 3 (spicy level)
Ginger grated - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 2
Coconut grated - 2 tablespoon
Asafoetida - one pinch
Salt to taste
Curry leaves - a few
Broken cashews - a few
Oil for cooking.
Method: How To Make Tamil Recipe Aval Upma
1. Take necessary quantity of Aval and soak it in water added with salt.
2. The Aval should be well soaked but not soggy. (Get thick aval from the shop (Getty aval), else it would become like a paste when soaked).
3. After a few minutes strain it by squeezing it gently and keep it aside.
4. Heat oil in a fry pan and add mustard seeds. When it splutters add urad dal, asafoetida, chopped green chillies and grated ginger.
5. Add chopped onions to it and fry till light brown. Add soaked aval to this and stir and mix well for five minutes.
6. Now add the scraped coconut, curry leaves, a few coriander leaves and keep on frying the whole thing for another two minutes. Remove from heat and serve hot. Garnish with fried cashews or ground nuts of your choice.
7. Your Easy Breakfast or Anytime Tamil Recipe Aval Upma is ready in just 10 minutes.
8. You can make this Tamil Recipe Aval Upma even more delicious and nutritios by adding vegetables of your choice.