A Short Description About Tamil Recipe Jhangri
Jhangri is one of the most delicious South Indian Sweet Variety which is popular at weddings and festivals of Tamil Nadu. Festivals are the great time to enjoy our traditional homemade sweet recipes. Many people find this recipe on Jhangri as difficult, but you will come to know how easy it would be to prepare once you have gone through the recipe. Forget your diet with this Ghee free Sweet Recipe. This traditional Tamil Sweet Recipe Jhangri would really be a treat for your tastebuds.
Ingredients Required for Tamil Sweet Recipe Jhangri
Urad dal - 1 cup
Raw Rice - 1 tablespoon
Sugar - 1 1/2 cup
Kesar colour (Orange) - 1 pinch
Cardamom powder - 1 pinch
Oil for frying
Jhangri cloth - Thick square cloth with small hole in center.
Method: How To Make Jhangri a Traditional Tamil Sweet Recipe
1. Soak the dal and rice for few hours. Grind to a fine paste with as little water as possible.
2. Prepare sugar syrup with half string consistency mixed with cardamom and kesar colour.
3. Heat oil in a flat type of fry pan.
4. Now take the jhangri cloth and place handful of batter in it and hold it tightly.
5. Squeeze out the batter through the hole, over the oil with a steady hand to a quick two rings and continue to squeeze small circles adjoining each other on top of it and finish till the small circles covers the entire ring.
6. Turn over gently with a stick or a laddle and when cooked (it should not be too crispy) remove, drain the oil and put it into the prepared sugar syrup.
7. Let them soak in the sugar syrup till the next batch is fried, then remove from sugar syrup and arrange it in a tray next to each other.
8. Your delicious Tamil Recipe Jhangri is ready to relish.