A Short Description about Tamil Recipe Diwali Legiyam
Diwali Legiyam is an Ancient Tamil Healthy Recipe which looks like a Jam has a combination of natural medicinal spices. People used to take this Legiyam on Diwali after taking bath and before having sweets and savouries. It is used to digest all the sweets and oily snacks you are going to have on the festival season. So what are you waiting for. All the ingredients used in this recipe will be available at all Ayurvedic medicinal shops(Naatu Marunthu kadai). Celebrate your Diwali with Diwali Legiyam an Ancient Healthy Tamil Recipe and have your heart filled Sweet and Savouries without any worries. Wish You a Healthy Diwali.
Ingredients Required for Diwali Legiyam an Ancient Tamil Healthy Recipe
Sukku - 50 gm
Chitharathai - 50gm
Kandanthippili - 50gm
Arisithippili - 50gm
Jadi pathiri - 1
Omam - 100gm
Milagu - 200gm
Cummin Seeds (Jeeragam) - 50gm
Cloves (Krambu) - 1
Cardamom(Elakkai) - 6
Virali Manjal - 4 nos.
Jaggery - 500 gm
Gingelly - 1 tablespoon
Ghee - 1 tablespoon
Method: How to Make Diwali Legiyam an Healthy Tamil Recipe
1. Dry fry Sukku, Chitharathai, Kandathippili, Arisithippili, Jadikkai, Jadi Pathiri, Omam, Milagu, Jeeragam and Cloves one by one and make it to a fine powder, sieve it well and keep it aside.
2. Heat the fry pan and make Jaggery syrup (Jaggery should be in equavelent ratio with that of the powdered ingredients)to a sticky level (pisukku padham) and not to the level of string consistency.
3. Now add the sieved powder to the jaggery syrup and stir continuously keep adding gingelly oil and ghee little by little till the paste does not stick to the pan. A small amount of honey may be added to enhance the taste but it is optional.
4. Remove from heat and allow it cool.
5. Now your Tamil Recipe Diwali Legiyam is ready and celebrate your Diwali in a healthy way.