A Short Description About Homemade Tamil Recipe Hotel Sambar
Sambar is the most popular South Indian Tamil Recipe. In Tamil Nadu Hotels they make Tiffin sambar in a different way which tastes too good and different that of what we do at our homes. I will reveal the secret behind this taste in the method part of the recipe. This Tamil Recipe Hotel Sambar is so simple and so great than you ever imagined. It tastes yummy with Tamil Recipes Masala Dosai, Onion Rava, Vegetable Upma, Pongal, Idlli and many more.
Ingredients Required To Make Homemade Tamil Recipe Hotel Sambar/Tiffin Sambar
Toor Dhal - 200gms
Mustard - 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida - 1 piece
Curry leaves - a few
Green Chillies - 2
Red chillies - 2
Onions - 3 big size(Chop into big(lengthy) thin slices)
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Tomatoes - 4 finely chopped
Sambar Powder - 1 tablespoon
Grated Coconut - 2 tablespoon
Chopped Onions - 1 tablespoon
Coriander leaves - a few
Oil for Cooking
Salt to Taste
Method: How to Make Homemade Tamil Recipe Hotel Sambar/Tiffin Sambar
1. Pressure cook toor dhal till very soft, mash it well and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a fry pan and add mustard seeds. When it stops crackling add fenugreek seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves,splitted green chilles and Red chillies.
3. Add lengthy thin slices of onions and fry till the colour changes to light brown, then add turmeric powder, chopped tomatoes and fry for a while.
4. Add Sambar Powder to it and fry for a second and add cooked dhal to it.
5. Pour enough water and to enhance the taste add little bit of sugar, mix it well and make it to boil.
6. Meanwhile grind 2 tablespoon of grated coconut with 1 tablespoon of chopped onions and make it to a fine paste by adding enough water.
7. Add this grounded coconut onion paste to the gravy, mix well and cook for another 5 minutes. This is the secret behind the taste of your favourite Hotel Sambar. This recipe uses tomatoes instead of Tamarind which is yet another secret behind the taste.
8. Then remove it from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Your Yummy Tamil Recipe Hotel Sambar/Tiffine Sambar Made at Home is ready to relish with your breakfast recipes.