A Short Description about Festival Tamil Recipe Badusha
Diwali is a great festival where people exchange their home made preparations of sweets and snacks with each other. Badhusha is a popular South Indian Sweet Recipe usually served at weddings. Tamil Festival Recipe Badhusha is easy to make and it will not take much of your time. As Diwali Festival provides you the time to build your relationships with others, so took a moment from your busy schedule and delight your family, friends and neighbours with this Home made Diwali Festival Sweet Recipe Badhusha.
I dedicate this Diwali Festival Recipe to everyone and especially to Members of Tamilspider. Have a Nice and Safe Diwali.
Ingredients Required for Diwali Festival Tamil Recipe Badusha
Milk - 2 cups boiled and thickened to 1/2 cup
Maida - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Butter - lime sized ball
Soda-bi-carbonate (Soda Uppu) - 1 pinch
Ghee or Vanaspati for frying
Method: How to Make Badusha Tamil Festival Sweet Variety
1. Mix one cup of maida, the thickened milk and add baking powder(soda uppu). Make into smooth dough.
2. Add butter and knead well to make into smooth dough.
3. Make into small even sized balls and press into rounds of about 1 1/2" diameter.
4. Make a depression in the middle of each round with thumb.
5. Heat fry pan over low heat and pour in ghee or vanaspati.
6. When hot put the rounds into it, one by one and fry till golden brown.
7. Prepare sugar syrup with one string consistency.
8. Put the fried rounds in the syrup. Stir gently with a long, flat ladle so that the syrup, when it cools, settles into the rounds.
9. Remove from sugar syrup after 10 minutes and arrange it in a tray and garnish with sliced nuts and safforn.
10. Your delicious Diwali Festival Tamil Recipe Badusha is ready to serve.
Note: If you would like to have Layers in Badusha then take the dough and roll out like Roti(Chappathi) and fold like saree pleats and make it into a ball again and proceed from the 4th point mentioned above.