A Short Description About Ingi (Ginger) Kuzhambu Spicy Tamil Recipe
Inji (Ginger) Kuzhambu is a traditional Tamil Nadu Curry Recipe made with Ginger and other spices. More than a spice ginger acts as a medicine as well. This Tamil Recipe on Inji (Ginger) Kuzhambu is not only delicious, it is very good for digestion and it relieves nausea. The aromatic flavor of the Tamil Recipe Inji(Ginger) Kuzhambu creates a good mood and it is an ideal recipe on winter season which warms you up. Roasted Pappad and Potato Curry is a good combination to this Tamil Recipe Inji (Ginger) Kuzhambu.
Ingredients Required for Healthy Tamil Recipe Ingi (Ginger) Kuzhambu
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek - 1/2 tsp
Bengal gram - 1 tablespoon
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Coriander seeds - 2 tablespoon
Toor dal - 1 tsp
Red chillies - 1
Ginger(Inji) - 1 big piece
Small onions(Sambar Vengayam) - 15
Coconut Scrapped - 2 tablespoon
Tamarind - lemon sized
Gingelly oil - 2 to 3 tablespoon
Hinge - a pinch
Curry leaves - a few
Salt to taste
Method: How to Make Tamil Recipe Ingi (Ginger) Kuzhambu
1. Soak, strain and collect thick tamarind juice and keep it aside.
2. Heat the fry pan with little oil and fry Bengal gram dal, Toor dal, Coriander Seed, Red chillies, Pepper one by one.
3. Take 4 small onions (Sambhar Vengayam) and fry to a light brown colour.
4. Grind the roasted ingredients with fried small onions added with grated ginger and 2 tablespoon of scrapped coconut and make it to a fine paste by adding water.
5. Heat the pan with 2 to 3 tablespoon of gingelly oil and add mustard and when it stops splutters add fenugreek seeds (Vendhayam), hinge and add small onions, curry leaves and turmeric powder and fry till the onions becomes light brown.
6. Add extracted tamarind juice and cook till the raw smell goes off and now add the grounded paste and salt to taste and mix well.
7. Add a little jaggery or sugar to enhance the taste and boil till oil separates and floats on top.
8. Now your delicious Healthy Tamil Recipe Inji (Ginger) Kuzhambu is ready and serve this with Steamed rice accompanied by Tamil Recipe Potato Curry and Roasted Pappad.
More articles: Tamil recipes