Tamil Nadu Cooking Special
Tamil Nadu Samayal Category: Special Non veg Food
Tamil Nadu non veg cooking : Prawn Recipes in Tamil Style
Tamil Recipe type : Chettinad Prawn Gravy
Ingredients used for Tamil Prawn Recipes Chettinad Prawn Gravy
Prawns – 250 gm
Onion sliced – 2 medium sized
Tomato – 1 piece
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves and curry leaves – as required for garnish
Mustard seed – 2 tsp
salt – to taste
Tamil Prawn Recipes Chettinad Prawn Gravy grinding Ingredients
Coconut – 3 cup
Red chillies – 20
Sombu or Big jeera – 4 tsp
Grind the above Ingredients nicely by adding little water.
Tamil Prawn Recipes Chettinad Prawn Gravy Preparation
1. In a pan heat oil, 1 tsp of mustard seeds and leave it to splatter.
2. Then fry onions and curry leaves about 3 minutes until they are gold in colour.
3. Then add the sliced tomatoes and the grounded coconut paste.Mix this properly by adding little water.
4. Keep low flame fry this for about 2- 3 min by adding 1 tsp of turmeric powder and salt.
5. Cook this mixture until oil suspends on top of the gravy.
6. Finally add the prawns and cook for about 5 minutes, over cook may cause damage to Prawns.
7. You can do garnish with Toamtos coriander leaves.Tamil Prawn Recipes Chettinad Prawn Gravy is Ready.
More articles: Tamil recipes