Sharath Kamal, Table Tennis Player
Sharath Kamal is a famous Table Tennis player from Tamil Nadu and also in India. Sharath Kamal's full name is Achanta Sharath Kamal.
Birth Date of Sharath Kamal – 12-July-1982
Highest Ranking of Sharath Kamal in Table Tennis – 39
Playing Style of Sharath Kamal – Right handed and Shake hand grip
Education of Sharath Kamal – Completed his school in PSBB Nungambakkam School, and did his degree in Loyola Colleg, Chennai.
Achievements of Sharath Kamal
1. Sharath Kamal is one of the Arjuna Award Holder. Arjuna Award is an important Award given to the sports personalities by Indian Government. Sharath Kamal got this Award in the year of 2004.
2. Sharath Kamal got Gold Medal in Men's singles in 16th Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship which was held at Kuala Lumpur in 2004
3. In July'2010, Sharath Kamal has won US Open Table Tennis Men's championship by defeating defending champion Thomas Keinath of Slovakia which was held at Grand Rapids, Michigan.
4. In the year of 2010, Sharath Kamal won Egypt Open Table Tennis championship.
5. Sharath Kamal has got Gold Medal in 2006 Commonwealth Games which was held in Melbourne by defeating Australian William Henzell in the final
6. Sharath Kamal has got Gold Medal in Men's doubles in 2010 Commonwealth Games which was held in New Delhi by pairing with Subhajit Saha.
7. Sharath Kamal had represented India in 2004 Olympics in Athens and 2006 Asian Games at Qatar
8. Sharath Kamal was the only Indian Men's Table Tennis player who was selected for the Beijing Olympics.
9. In 2007, Sharath Kamal won Pyongyong Invitational Tournament held at Pyongyong, North Korea. Sharath Kamal was the first India who wins this tournament.
More articles: Tamilnadu sports