A Short Description About Tamil Recipe Milagu Kuzahmbu:
Pepper is one of the most popular and important spices in the world. Tamil Recipe Milagu Kuzhambu is a popular dish of South India especially in Tamil Nadu. This Tamil Recipe Milagu Kuzhambu prepared with pepper and curry leaves have lots of medicinal values and is a traditional classic Tamil dish which is good for digestion, a cure for colds and for people suffering from gastric problems. It occupies a special place in Kattu Sathu Koodai (packed food items in a basket) which is served on the third day of marriage in Tamil Weddings, so as to compensate heavy meals on previous days - to have a better digestion. It is especially good for lactating mother and this Tamil Recipe Milagu Kuzhambu is considered as one of the best diet food included in Pathiya Samayal.
Ingredients Required for Tamil Recipe Milagu Kuzhambu Balanced Diet Food:
Pepper (Milagu) - 2 tablespoon
Red Chillies - 2
Hinge(Asafoetida) - 1 small piece
Tamarind - lemon sized
Bengal gram dal - 1 tablespoon
Toor dal - 1 tablespoon
Mustard - 1 teaspoon
Coriander seeds - 2 tablespoon
Jaggery - 1 inch piece
Gingelly Oil - 2 tablespoon
Curry leaves - 5 to 6 sprigs
Salt to tast
Method: How to Make Tamil Recipe Milagu Kuzahmbu
1. Soak, strain and collect thick tamarind juice and keep it aside.
2. Heat the tava with 1 tsp of oil. Fry pepper, coriander seeds, red chillies, toor dal, bengal gram dal and curry leaves. Grind this into a fine paste by adding small amount of water.
3. Heat the tava with 2 tablespoonful of oil and add mustard and when it stops crackling add few curry leaves, hinge and extracted tamarind juice.
4. Add turmeric powder, jaggery and the grounded paste and mix well.
5. Cook till the raw smell goes off and add salt to taste. Boil till oil separates and floats on top.
6. Now Tamil Recipe Milagu Kuzhambu is ready to serve and it can be served with steamed rice and pappad and it tastes best when served as a side dish to Tamil Recipe Inji (Ginger) Thuvaiyal and Paruppu Thuvaiyal.
More articles: Tamil recipes