A Short Description About Homemade Tamil Recipe Rava Idli:
Tamil Recipe Rava Idli is a popular South Indian Breakfast Recipe made with Rava and curd. It's a very famous breakfast recipe in Tamil Nadu. Tamil Recipe Rava Idli is prepared in an easy way and can be made within a short time. If you find your breakfast boring with your regular idlis and dosas, this would be an ideal recipe for your breakfast. Homemade Tamil Recipe Rava Idli tastes pretty good, than most instant mixes available in the market.
Ingredients Required for Homemade Tamil Recipe Rava Idli:
Rava - 1 cup
Curd - 1 cup
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Bengal gram dal - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 2
Ginger - 1" piece
Coriander - a few
Curry leaves - a few
Soda (Samayal Soda) - a pinch
Salt to taste
Carrot grated - 1 tablespoonful
Boiled Peas - 1 tablespoonful
Cashews - 10
Method: How to Make Homemade Tamil Recipe Rava Idli.
1. Heat the oil in a fry pan and add the mustard.
2. When it crackles add bengal gram dhall, grated ginger, chopped green chillies and curry leaves.
3. When brown add rava and mix it well and remove from heat.
4. Transfer the contents in a bowl and add baking powder (soda), salt, curd and coriander leaves and mix well.
5. Allow to stand and ferment for 40 to 50 minutes.
6. Grease the idli plate with little gingelly oil and place the cashew at the center and sprinkle a small quantity of grated carrot and boiled peas and then pour the rava mixture on top.
7. Steam it for 15 t0 20 minutes. Homemade Tamil Recipe Rava Idli is ready to relish.
8. Tamil Recipe Rava Idli tastes good when served with Tamil Recipe Coconut Chutney.
More articles: Tamil recipes