In any Indian festivals or celebrations, people have a great interest on preparing different variety of sweets, as sweets depict happiness and prosperity. This Chandrakala Tamil Sweet Recipe looks like crescent moon shape and hence this name. Especially kids will love this for the yummy taste of Kova with Nuts.
Ingredients Required for Chandrakala Tamil Festival Sweet Recipe:
Maida - 2 cup
Khova - 1 cup
Sugar - 2 cup
Mix of Nuts(Chiroli (sara paruppu), Almonds(Badam), Cashews, Walnuts,Pistachios) - 30gms
Oil for frying
Ghee - 1 tablespoon
Baking powder(Soda Uppu) - a pinch
Method: How to make Chandrakala Tamil Festival Sweet Recipe:
1. Make a sugar syrup of one-string consistency by adding two cups of sugar with one cup of water and keep it aside.
2. Mix Kova with fried nuts and make it into small balls. This forms the stuffing for the sweet.
3. Mix maida with ghee and baking powder and knead till the dough becomes soft by adding required water and keep it aside for a while.
4. Roll out the maida dough into thin, flat chappathis, place the stuffing in the centre, fold into semi- circle or your choice of shape and stick the sides by twisting the dought inward at the corners.
5. Deep fry until light brown. Remove dry off and put into, prepared sugar syrup and allow to soak it for 2 minutes then remove.
6. Your Tamil Festival Recipe Sweet Variety Chandrakala is ready to serve.
More articles: Tamil recipes