Ginger is highly beneficial in case of cough and colds and it stimulates hunger and is an effective ingredient used for digestion. It is often used as a spice in Indian recipes. This Tamil Recipe Ginger Thuvaiyal is slightly different as ginger is mixed with pulses and pepper to have the medicinal effects of ginger and pepper and Protein content of the pulses. This Tamil Recipe Inji(Ginger) Thuvaiyal is quiet natural and good for health.
Ingredients Required for Tamil Recipe Inji (Ginger) Thuvaiyal:
Inji (Ginger) - 2 inch piece
Urad dhal - 1 tablespoonful
Bengal gram dhal - 1 tablespoonful
Moong dhal - 1 tablespoonful
Red chillies - 1
Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut grated(optional) - 2 tablespoonful
Mustard - 1/2 teaspoon
Tamarind - 1 small piece
Asafoetida - 1 small piece
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
Method: How to make Tamil Recipe Inji (Ginger) Thuvaiyal:
1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Fry bengal gram, urad dal and moong dhal in a low flame.
2. When dhal is half fried add red chillies and pepper and fry for for a minute and keep it aside.
3. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan and fry grated coconut along with chopped ginger and asafoetida separately.
4. Grind the fried dhals along with fried coconut mixture added with a small piece of tamarind and salt in a mixer grinder to a fine paste by adding little amount of water.
5. Temper mustard in a little oil and add to the paste and mix well.
6. You can have this Tamil Recipe Inji (Ginger) Thuvaiyal with steamed rice added with little gingely oil or it can be taken as a side dish to Dosas, Adai and Idlis.
More articles: Tamil recipes