Tamil Recipe Thengai Paal Kozhukattai (Rice Dumplings in Coconut Milk) is a famous traditional delicacies of Tamil Nadu. It is a wonderful SouthIndian Dessert made with a combination of jaggery and coconut milk. Here is the recipe for Thengai Paal Kozhukattai. Try it out and let me know.
Ingredients Required for Tamil Recipe Thengai Paal Kozhukattai(Rice Dumplings in Coconut Milk):
Rice Flour - 1/2 cup
Jaggery - 3/4 cup
Cardamom - 1/2 tsp
Cashewnuts and Raisins(Optional) - for garnishing
Salt - a pinch.
Method: How to Make Tamil Recipe Thengai Paal Kozhukattai (Rice Dumplings in Coconut Milk):
1. Grate coconut and grind. Take the thick milk (first milk) and keep it aside.
2. Take the second and third milk adding enough water and set this aside too.
3. Take the rice flour and add salt and mix well with hot water and kneed well, till it becomes a thick and soft dough.
4. Grease your hands with little oil and shape them to small round balls(Kozhukattais) and steam them for about 10 to 15 minutes and set aside.
5. Now melt Jaggery with water and strain to remove dirt and pour the syrup back into the pan and boil with third milk of extracted coconut.
6. Now add the kozhukattais one by one (adding all the balls at once may stick together while cooking) and in few minutes you can see them floating on the surface.
7. Continue to cook till the jaggery syrup starts to form a froth.
8. Now add the second milk from extracted coconut and add cardamom. Cook for two more minutes and again the syrup will starts to froth.
9. Now remove the pan from flame and add the extracted first milk of the coconut and garnish with fried cashews and raisins.
10. Now the mouth-watering Tamil Dessert Recipe Thengai Paal Kozhukattai is ready to serve.
Tips: You can also use normal milk instead of coconut milk.
More articles: Tamil recipes