A Short Description About Ragi Roti:
Healthy Tamil Recipe Ragi Roti which is also knows Indian Flat Bread is famous for its nutritional content and is widely used in South Indian Villages especially Tamil Nadu Villages. Nowadays people have become so conscious about their health and even people in cities have also started using it regularly in thier diet, as ragi flour is rich in proteins, calcium and has a good amount of essential amino acids. Ragi Roti is especially good for diabetic people and for Obese people as this Healthy Tamil Recipe needs no oil and takes less time to prepare. Ragi Roti which serves as a solid food item that can be served as snack or meal. Here is an Healthy Diet Tamil Recipe which help you to make Ragi Roti.
Ingredients Required to Make Healthy Diet Tamil Recipe Ragi Roti:
Roasted and Sieved Ragi flour - 2 cups
Salt to taste
Cummin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Method - How to Make Healthy Diet Tamil Recipe Ragi Roti:
1. Mix sieved ragi flour with salt and cummin seeds.
2. Add boiled water (so as to make soft chappathis) little at a time and knead it very well to form a smooth dough.
3. Keep it for 5 to 10 minutes. Then divide the dough into small balls and roll out thinly like chappathis.
4. If the dough is sticky, ragi flour or rice flour may be sprinkled on the rolling board.
5. Heat tawa and place the roti on the hot tawa. Heat for a minute, turn over.
6. Again turn over after a minute, press gently with a clean dry cloth.
7. When chappathi puffs up, turn over and press again with the cloth. When done remove from fire.
8. Now your Healthy Diet Tamil Recipe Ragi Rotti is ready to be served. It tastes good with Onion Raitha and Tomato Chutney.
Click Here for more Healthy and Diet Tamil Recipes.
More articles: Tamil recipes