A Short Description About Tamil Recipe Kai Murukku:
Out of Tamil Nadu Savory Recipes - the Tamil Recipe Kai Murukku is one of the best in Snacks and Savory Varieties. Making Kai Murukku is an art. In Tamilian Household they make Kai Murrukku for Tamil Festivals like Krishna Jayanthi, for Weddings and also for Baby shower.
In Tamil Weddings they prepare plate sized murukkus and kept as 'Seer' where they called it as 'Seer Murukku' or 'Kai Suthu Murukku' - Kai (hands) suthu (roll/swirls/twisted) Murukku. They will wrote the names of the bride and bridegroom on top of the murukku. They send off the guest with a 'Tamboolam bag' which contains Tamil Recipe Kai Murukku along with beetal leaves and a sweet savory.
In most of the houses they prepare Tamil Recipe Kai Murruku with a combination of Rice flour and Urad dal flour. But I have made a slight variation in it and have used Roasted gram Flour which is evern more tastier than when compared with Urad dal flour. Here is the recipe.
Ingredients Required for Tamil Recipe - Kai Murukku:
Idli rice (boiled rice) - 1 full cup
Roasted gram (Pottukadalai) - 1/2 cup
Sesame seads - 1 teaspoonful
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida - 2 pinch
Butter - 1 tablespoonful
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Method for Making Tamil Recipe Snack Variety - Kai Murukku:
1. Wash Idli Rice (Boiled rice) and soak the rice for an hour and grind in a wet grinder with little water to a fine paste.
2. Take Roasted gram (Pottukadalai) and powder it in a blender and sieve it into a fine powder.
3. Now add the roasted gram powder, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, salt and butter to the grounded rice flour paste.
4. Mix well and knead to a thick dough. The dough should be so soft.
5. Grease your fingers in oil and take a little dough and use your index and thumb fingers to spin out into small spirals on a clean white cloth or over a greased reverse side of a plate to a continuous spiral of about 2 or 3 rounds(of your choice). Allow it to dry for a while.
6. Heat enough oil for deep frying in a shallow fry pan with medium heat. Drop the murukku carefullly in the oil and deep fry on both the sides. When turned golden brown remove from oil and allow it to warm.
7. Your crunchy and crispy Tamil Recipe Kai Murukku is ready to eat.
8. Store it in a air-tight container so that you can keep this for more than 15 days. The Tamil Recipe Snack Variety Kai Murukku with Coffee or tea is a great combination.
More articles: Tamil recipes
No responses found. Be the first to comment...