Title of the Recipe:Simple and Healthy Tamil Recipe Vegetable Upma.
Category: Pure Vegetarian, South Indian Tiffin varietyTamil Recipe Vegetable Upma.
Choice of Vegetables: Beans, Carrot, Potato, Capsicum, Onion, Cauliflower, Tomato, Lemon Juice, Green Peas.
Short Description About Tamil Recipe Vegetable Upma:
Vegetable Rava Upma is a wonderful dish and most frequently cooked Tamil Recipe of South India. It can be taken at any time of the day as a tiffin variety and it is simple and easy to prepare which will take only a few minutes.
You can add any vegetables of your choice which makes the Tamil Recipe Vegetable Upma a healthy and nutritious food item. In most of houses in Tamil Nadu, when they are in a hurry, or when an unexpected guest knocks the door, the Tamil Recipe Vegetable Upma comes to rescue them as it takes a little while to cook and good to taste.
Ingredients Required to Make Tamil Recipe Vegetable Upma:
Carrot - 1
Beans - 8
Potatoes - 2
Green Chillies - 6
Big onion - 1
Urad dhal - 1 tsp
Green peas - 3 tablespoonful
Cashewnuts (Optional) - 10
Rava - 2 cups
Water - 4 cups
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Ghee - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tablespoonful
Curry leaves - few
Ginger grated - few
Hinge - a pinch
Coriander leaves - few
Method For Making Tamil Recipe Vegetable Upma:
1. Wash and Cut the vegetables into small pieces and boil it.
2. Now heat the pan with Cooking Oil and put the mustard, urad dhal, Curry leaves, a pinch of Hinge and Cashewnuts.
3. When mustard crackled add and fry the chopped onions, green chillies and grated ginger for a while.
4. Add cooked vegetables and mix well.
5. Now add the Rava and salt to taste and mix thoroughly.
6. Now add 4 cups of water to the ingredients and stirr continuously, if required add little bit of oil to avoid stickiness.
7. Take the pan from the fire and transfer the contents to a bowl.
8. Now garnish the Tamil Recipe Vegetable Upma with coriander leaves and serve hot with your favourite Tamil Recipes Coconut Chutney and Sambar.