Title of the Recipe: Tempting and Yummy Tamil Recipe Chakkara Pongal.
Category: Pure Vegetarian, South Indian Tamil Recipe Chakkara
Short Description About Tempting and Yummy Tamil Recipe Chakkara Pongal:
Ancient Tamil Recipe Chakkara Pongal (Sweet Pongal) is the best of South Indian dishes and is traditionally prepared on Pongal Festival in Tamil Nadu. People of Tamil Nadu make this Tamil Recipe Chakkara Pongal during other festivals also as a special sweet dish. Kids love this Tempting and Yummy Tamil Recipe Chakkara Pongal for its rich flavor and they would love to have this as a dessert. In Tamil Nadu Temples, Chakkara Pongal
is offered to God and the prasadam is distributed to the devotees in Donai and nowadays in disposable paper cups.
Ingredients Required To Make Tamil Recipe Chakkara Pongal:
Raw rice - 2 cups
Moong dal - 1/2 cup
Jaggery - 3 cups
Cashewnuts - 20
Ghee - 1/2 cup
Raisins - 1 tablespoonful
Scrapped coconut - 1 cup
Cardamom powder - 1 teaspoon
Water - 5 cups
Method to Make Tamil Recipe Chakkara Pongal:
1. Wash rice and drain. Keep aside.
2. Roast moong dal until light brown.
3. Fry cashewnuts and raisins in a little ghee.
4. Boil water and dissolve the jaggery, cook on low heat till it melts, strain and remove the dirt from the jaggery.
5. Cook the rice and dal by adding water and milk. Cook till both are done.
6. Add the strained jaggery syrup and ghee and keep on stirring over a slow fire.
7. When the mixture thickens to a semi-solid state add scraped coconuts, raisins, cashewnuts and cardamom powder. Mix well.
8. Keep over low heat for a little while longer. Remove from fire. Now your Tempting and Yummy Tamil Recipe Chakkara Pongal is ready. Serve it hot or cold.