Culture and Festivals
How to Make Tamil Recipe Sambar
: 15 (
This article provides information about How to make Tamil Recipe Sambar, Ingredients Required, Tamil names for the corresponding ingredients, method of seasoning.
Title of the Recipe:
How to make
Tamil Recipe Sambar.
Pure Vegetarian, South Indian
Tamil Recipe Sambar.
Choice of Vegetables:
Carrot, Raddish, Small onion, Potato, Lady's finger, Pumpkin, Capsicum, Drumstick. This Tamil Recipe's choice is Drumstick.
Short Description About Tamil Recipe Sambar:
Sambar is the most popular dish in
South Indian homes
Tamil Recipe Sambar
is preferred by many people and is often prepared in
at every homes with slight variations in the method of cooking. It suits well with other
Tamil Recipe's Ven Pongal, Dosa, Idlli, Steamed rice
and so on. Let's move on further on the preparation of
How to make delicious Tamil Recipe Sambar.
Ingredients Required To Make Tamil Recipe Sambar:
* Toor Dal (Thuvaram Paruppu) - 200 gms
* Red Chillies (Sivapu Milagai) - 5 or 6 nos.
* Coriander seeds (Dhaniya)- 2 tablespoonful
* Fenugreek Seeds (Vendhayam) - 1/2 teaspoonful
* Curry leaves (Curryvepilai)- a few
* Onions (Vengayam)- 50 gms
* Drumsticks (Murungakkai) - 3 Nos. cut into 3 inch pieces
* Tamarind (Puli)- Size of a small lemon
* Asafoetida (Perungayam) - 1 small piece
* Turmeric powder (Manjal thool) - 1 teaspoonful
* Oil - 2 tablespoon
* Coriander leaves (Kothamalli) - few leaves.
Method to Make Tamil Recipe Sambar:
1. Heat the pan with little oil. Fry red chillies, Coriander seeds, Fenugreek seeds and Curry leaves. Make a smooth paste of the roasted ingredients by adding little water.
available in the market may also be used.
2. Wash and cut Drumsticks or any other vegetables of your choice. Split the green chillies lengthwise.
3. Boil the dhal with Turmeric powder and asafoetida until soft. For effective steaming, pressure cooker may be used. Mash the dhal and keep it aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add finely chopped onions, splitted green chillies and fry till onion turns into light brown. Add the vegetables of your choice in this case Drumstick and pour enough water and cook till the vegetable becomes tender.
5. Extract juice of tamarind and add to the vegetables along with salt and ground paste. Boil till the raw smell goes off. Add cooked dhal and water and see that the gravy is not very thick, if required add little water depends upon your requirement.
heat little bit of oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, urad dal and one Red chilli. Once it crackles add curry leaves to it. Remove from fire and pour this seasoning to the sambar.
Tamil Recipe Sambar
with Coriander leaves and serve hot.
Tips to prepare the Tamil Recipe Ven Pongal
Tamil Recipe to make Coriander Rice (Malli Satham)
Pakkoda kuruma – A traditional Tamilnadu recipe
How to make Tamilnadu gravy recipe Cauliflower masala gravy
Tamil Recipe to prepare Pundu Satham - Garlic Rice
Pumpkin Halwa - Tamil Sweet/Dessert Recipe
Tamil Style Fish Curry Recipe
Tamil Food Menu Onion Rawa Dosa Recipe
Tamilnadu Festival Diwali sweet Recipes Paruppu Poli Recipe
Tamil Vegetarian Dishes Samayal | Tamil Nadu Vegetable Biryani Recipe
Read related articles:
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "How to Make Tamil Recipe Sambar"
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Online TSR members
Awards & Gifts
Education in Tamilnadu
Tamilnadu DDE admissions
Last 7 Days
Tamilnadu travel guide
Tamilnadu tourist places
Temples in Tamilnadu
Entertainment in Tamilnadu
Tamil movie online booking
Tamil movie actors
Tamil movie actress
Univercell Mobiles New year offer and Pongal offers 2015
Thirumoorthy hills Udumalpet Tamil nadu
January 2015 New year Tamil Rasi palan Prediction
Tamil style vendhaya keerai kootu recipe preparation
Tamil kara kuzhambu recipe using poondu
TSR top 5 performers
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
All Rights Reserved.