Tips to prepare the Tamil Recipe Ven Pongal
Ven Pongal is a famous recipe in Tamil Nadu. The People of Tamil Nadu like to have Ven Pongal in their breakfast or dinner. We can eat a Ven Pongal with other Tamil recipe Sambhar and Coconut Chutney. Pongal Sambhar and Vadai is one of the famous and popular combination in almost all the restaurants in Tamil Nadu. Tamil recipe Ven Pongal is very easy to prepare. Ven Pongal will be the default dish in the functions like Marriage, etc.
1 cup of Rice
1 cup of Green gram dhal
1 tsp of Black pepper
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp of Cashew nuts
1 tsp of Cumin seeds
2 tsp of Ghee
5 cup of Water
salt as per need
Curry leave as per need
Steps to Prepare Tamil Recipe Ven Pongal
1. Wash the Rice and Green gram dhal.
2. By using Pressure Cooker, Steam the Rice and Green gram dhal along with 5 cups of Water, Salt and Turmeric powder.
3. Add Cashew nuts, Cumin seeds and pepper with Ghee in a Pan and fry it until Cashew nuts become golden color.
4. Take the Pan from the Stove and pour it over the Steamed Rice and Dhal mixture
5. Mix the above well
6. Now Tamil recipe Ven Pongal is ready to Serve.
7. Serve Ven Pongal along with other Tamil recipe Sambhar and Vadai.
More articles: Tamil recipes