Culture and Festivals
Anna Uiversity CS 1203 System Software question paper
Download B.E / B.Tech. Degree exam question paper CS 1203 System Software question paper of Anna University.
The following resource will give you the details about the
previous year question paper of CS 1203
and the course name is
System Software course of Anna university
Anna University question papers
: CS 1203 System Software Examination Question Papers of previous years. Check the resource below of
Anna university semester CS 1203 question paper
PART – A (10 X 2 =20 marks)
1. Define upward compatibility in systems.
2. Distinguish between direct addressing and indirect addressing.
3. Consider the following sequence
X WQU Y
Y EQU Z
Z RESW 1
Is a two pass assembler can resolve such a sequence of definition? Justify your answer.
4. What is the data structure used to organize the symbol table and operation code table in a simple assembler Why it is preferred?
5. What are the advantages of dynamic linking?
6. What is the function of pass 2 of a loader?
7. What is the use of DEFTAB (Definition table) NAMTAB (Name table) and ARGTAB (Argument table) in macro processor?
8. What is the purpose of conditional compilation statement in ANSI C preprocessor?
9. What are the tasks performed by document editing process?
10. How the mapping of view buffer to a window is done?
PART –B ( 5 X 16 = 80 marks)
11. (a) (i) Explain the SIC machine architecture. (Marks – 8)
(ii) Write a sequence of instruction for SIC to set
VAL 1 = VAL 2 + INCR-2
VAL 3 = VAL 4 + INCR-2
Illustrate how the same calculation could be performed of SIC/XE. (Marks -8)
(b) (i) Explain the SIC/XE machine architecture. ( Marks – 8)
(ii) The variables V1, V2 and V3 are assumed as an array of 100 words each. Write a sequence of instructions for SIC to add together the corresponding elements of V1, V2 and store in V3. ( Marks – 8)
12. (a) (i) Write the algorithm for pass 1 assembler. ( Marks –10)
(ii) Explain program relocation with example. ( Marks – 6)
(b) Explain in detail about the machine independent features of assemble. ( Marks – 16)
13. (a) Explain the design of relocating loader with an example. ( Marks – 16)
(b) Write short notes on:
(i) Linkage editor. (Marks -8)
(ii) Dynamic linking. (Marks -8)
14. (a) (i) Explain with an example how macro processor allows the invocation of macro with in macro. ( Marks – 8)
(ii) Discuss the macro processing features of ANSI C programming language. ( Marks – 8)
(b) Explain the various machine independent features of Macro processor in detail. (Marks -16)
15. (a) (i) Explain the various types of user interface. (Marks -8)
(ii) Discuss the nature of the user interface for an interactive debugger. (Marks -8)
(b) (i) Explain the structure of a text editor. (Marks -10)
(ii) Explain the important functions of an interactive debugging system. (Marks -8)
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Anna Uiversity CS 1203 System Software question paper"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Online TSR members
Awards & Gifts
Education in Tamilnadu
Tamilnadu DDE admissions
Last 7 Days
Tamilnadu travel guide
Tamilnadu tourist places
Temples in Tamilnadu
Entertainment in Tamilnadu
Tamil movie online booking
Tamil movie actors
Tamil movie actress
Univercell Mobiles New year offer and Pongal offers 2015
Thirumoorthy hills Udumalpet Tamil nadu
January 2015 New year Tamil Rasi palan Prediction
Tamil style vendhaya keerai kootu recipe preparation
Tamil kara kuzhambu recipe using poondu
TSR top 5 performers
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
All Rights Reserved.