You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Madurai

Madurai famous

jasmine flower, meenakshi temple, naicker mahal, Athisayam, night hotel, night market,
    Madurai city is famous for all these but you have missed one important one , that is Jigardhanda. It is a mixture of icecream, essence ,syrup, algae. It will be very much tasty and you could think of to have it whenever you visit Madurai.Jil Jil Jigardhanda...........

Love makes Lyf Beautiful.

Siyaram thanks for sharing this Jigardhanda. What it is. I am interested to know about it. Please enlighten us with more such details.

K Mohan

Theeinal Sutta Punn Arumay...Aaradhey Naavinaal Sutta Vadu...

Hi chandra mohan,

It be famous for all the above things you mentioned above, but how I kanow about maduari is because of world famous meenaxsi temple. It is my personal opinion and knowledge.

Also as Mr. mohan mentuioned above we would like to have a bit more knowledge sharing on above things, to know madurai and its cutlture better.

மதுரையின் பெருமைகளில் சில:
    மீனாக்ஷி சுந்தரேஸ்வரர் திருக்கோயில்
    சித்திரைத் திருவிழா
    கூடலழகர் திருக்கோயில்
    வண்டியூர் மாரியம்மன் தெப்பக்குளம்
    திருமலை நாயக்கர் மஹால்
    தமிழ் சங்கம்
    சுங்குடி புடவை

Dear All,

Madurai is a very nice city in tamilnadu. In madurai jasmine, Palkova and chettinadu resturant are famous. Other than this here some sightseeing places are there. To know about the sight seeing places in madurai. go through

Vathsala R.

Hai chandra

Madurai special is Meenakshi Amman temple, Thirupparamkundram near madurai is having Murugan Aaru padai veeedu,Madurai Azhagar temple, Mariamman temple, Thirumalai Nayak Palace and Madurai Malli are very famous in Madurai.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.