You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Group discussion

I read the discussion on "THAMIZH". I am starting or adding to the discussion.

THA: Vallinam
    MI: Mellinam
    ZH: Idaiyinam

The word THAMIZH is a harmonious blend of three consonants, one strong, another soft and the third medium.

Even though TAMIL has the three sounds, there is no sweetness.
    Tamizh has all three and it is also of three types: Iyartamizh, Isaitamizh, Nadagathamizh. Tamizh has the great of unknown birth of it. Its birth tome has not yet been identified by the arceologists ant hey find it difficult. Hence it is " Kal Thondri, Man thondra kalathe mun thondriya mootha kudi Tamizhkudi". Hence tamizh is the greatest of all languages in the world.

Love Makes Lyf Beautiful.

Ekambaram thanks for sharing the beauty of Tamizh. And equally seconded by Siyaram. That is why it said that ''Thamizhuku amuthdendru payar''and no other language in the world is so sweet to talk and hear. And i am proud to be a called as Tamizhan.

K Mohan

Theeinal Sutta Punn Arumay...Aaradhey Naavinaal Sutta Vadu...

I too love tamizh very much. it is having many words to denote a sinlge meaning, hence it is very easy to write Kavithai very beautifully in tamizh with ethugai and monai.
    for example here are the 7 stages of women,
    pethai, pethumbai, mangai, madanthai, arivai, therivai and perilampen.
    Also tamilzh sounds very sweet.

Tamizh is like a ocean. It is having lots of pearls and living beings too. whoever sinks into it or search it can get lots and lots of pleasure.

But now it is living only because of illiterates and some extent of writers.Illiterates have no other way than to speak in Tamil whereas educated,literates ,intellectuals speak and write in English as it is the symbol of greatness,globalism not cheaper.So only we are discussing about Tamil in Tamilspider through English.Long live Tamil

உங்கள் கருத்துக்கு நன்றி. இதை நீங்கள் தமிழில் எழுதியிருந்தால் பொருத்தமாக இருக்கும்.
    எண்ணும் எழுத்தும் கண்ணெனத் தகும். இதில் எழுத்து என்பது மொழி.
    உலகத்தில் மொழிகள் நமது கண்கள்.
    வாழ்க வளமுடன்.

You yourself initiated in English only .Then how can others.At the time of joining this Tamil spider I did in Tamil only.Other members and seniors insisted on Writing in English only. So i am continuing in English

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.