You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Tamilnadu Tourist places

Guna cave in kodaikanal

Now there is a restriction in view "Guna cave" in kodaikanal do you know the reason.
    Guna cave in Kodaikanal. I never came across this one. If you are aware of this place please share the information for the benefit of me and also all the members. It seems to be a interesting topic and any member who knows about it please share here.

K Mohan

Theeinal Sutta Punn Arumay...Aaradhey Naavinaal Sutta Vadu...

Mohan Guna caves are the one that is present in Kodaikanal. It is one of the most attractive tourist spot in Kodaikkanal. Previously people were give access to go to the Guna Caves to have a look at the beauty of the cave. The Guna caves got its name from the famous Kamal Movie Guna. In the Tamil film Guna Kamal used to be there in the Guna cave and the shooting was also taken from the Guna Caves. This is the reason why the Guna Caves Got its name.

It is said that there is a high risk in going to the Guna caves. Few years ago there was an accident in the Guna Caves and from that they have announced it as the restricted zone. However there is a camera provided to view the Guna caves from a distance. It is highly risky to go to such places internally. There are great possibilities for a mild slip also. If there is a slip then the life becomes risky. It is advisable not to go to any similar places like Guna caves. It is not only for the Guna Caves. People are advised not to go to any caves or similar places like Guna Caves.

Thanks & Regards
    S. Balasubramanian
    Site Coordinator Tamilspider
    Webmaster Chennaispider

Quote: "There are no accidents" - Kung fu Panda

It's true Bala, it's really a risky place. I have been to Kodaikanal and visited this place - Guna caves. At that time, visitors are allowed and we don't have any restrictions, so we went deep inside and had a chance to visit it. But it's just a terrible adventure I had in my life time. Those days I used to love adventure trips - like a tamil proverb - "Illam Kandru Bayam Ariyathu".

But it's too dangerous. It's nice to know that it's now under restriction. Why to play with life?

Bala thanks for sharing the importance of Guna caves and its history too. These kinds of information enhance the knowledge of the people who dont know about this. Now i made a point to visit this place without fail whenever i go to Kodai.

K Mohan

Theeinal Sutta Punn Arumay...Aaradhey Naavinaal Sutta Vadu...

Thank you friends for giving all information relating to Guna cave in kodaikanal.Now only we went kodaikanal but we are not allowed to see the guna cave so i asked this question once again i thanks you mohan, sowmya and bala for giving enough details.

HI Guys,

As far as many people are concerned, the Guna Caves is a restricted one. But as u guys know that Money can do wonders in these kind of things, it is possible to see.

Me along with 6 of my friends went on a trip to Kodaikannal 6 months ago and we were insisting to the cab driver to take us to caves, but he ws giving lame excuses. But finally he came out and asked us to pay 3000 and finally took us there for 1500 Rupees. So it usually depends on the Drivers and the way we speak to them.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.