You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Why mobile phones are called as cell phones?

Why mobile phones are called as cell phones?

The reason is, the coverage area of the mobile network is termed as 'cell'. The coverage area is splitted as a hexgonal structured 'cells'.

If someone knows some intresting concept with this cell structure, please post your comments.
    Since a Mobile phone is made handy , the conversation makes easy to the user. The entire area network which were connected through cell towers are compacted in it and hence its more aptly called cell. More ever the battery has to be charged daily and that is one more reason its called cell phone.

K Mohan

Theeinal Sutta Punn Arumay...Aaradhey Naavinaal Sutta Vadu...

Hi Spider ,
    I agree with my GURUJI.

In my view the term 'Mobile' refers to a thing which is moving from one place to another place. But the term 'Cell' refers to a thing which is small or compact or basic block.

Though phones are very handy to carry from place to place, it is called Mobile phones. Because of its size it is also called Cell phones.

I think Now your doubt is cleared Spider.

Note : I asked my friend the same question. He repliesd though we are using cell(battery) in the phone , it is called Cell phone.

Enge en porkasugal manna!!!

RAVIKUMAR C

BORN FOR GREATER THINGS

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.