You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you know the names of Puranams?

There are 18 MahaPuranams. Can you name some of it? After getting response from you I will list out the names of 18 mahapuranas/puranams.

I know few of it they are..

Siva Puranam

Kanda Puranam

Ithihasa Puranam

Garuda Puranam

Vishnu Puranam

K Mohan

Theeinal Sutta Punn Arumay...Aaradhey Naavinaal Sutta Vadu...

Puranas are the Holy Scriptures belongs to ancient times which are considered as a treasure of literature. The puranas are based on three main qualities Satva, Rajas and Tamas. It was composed by sage Vyasa.

Following are the 18 Mahapuranams.

1. Markandeya Puranam
    2. Brahma Vaivarta Puranam
    3. Bhavishya Puranam
    4. Varaha Puranam.
    5. Matsya Puranam
    6. Linga Puranam
    7. Skanda Puranam
    8. Naradeya Puranam
    9. Vamana Puranam
    10.Agni Puranam
    11. Kurma Puranam
    12. Padma Puranam
    13. Shiva Puranam
    14. Brahma Puranam
    15. Bhagavata Puranam
    16. Vishnu Puranam
    17. Brahmanda Puranam
    18. Garuda Puranam

Thanks for your response Mr.Mohan.

Sowmya thanks for letting us know that there are 18 Puranas in Tamil and for the first time i came across so much names. Since we are put up in Hyderabad, the Tamil Nadu touch has been lost and hence the lack of knowledge about our olden culture and tradition. Thanks once again for educating us.

K Mohan

Theeinal Sutta Punn Arumay...Aaradhey Naavinaal Sutta Vadu...

தமிழ் நாட்டில் இருந்தால் மட்டும் தெரியுமா என்ன ? பதினெண் புராணங்கள் என்று கேட்டிருக்கிறோம் /படித்திருக்கிறோம் .ஆனால் பெயர்ப்பட்டியலை இப்போதுதான் பார்க்கிறோம்.மகிழ்ச்சி . நமது முன்னோர்கள் எத்தனை இலக்கியத்திறன் வாய்ந்தவர்களாக இருந்திருக்கிறார்கள் .
    ஆனால் புராணங்களையெல்லாம் உண்மையானவையென்று மயங்குவது தான் தாங்கமுடியாததாக இருக்கிறது

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.