You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Old Tamil Cinemas was the best. Please discuss in detail.

பழைய சினிமா தான் உசத்தி ..உங்கள் அபிப்ராயம் ?

K Mohan
    Hello Mohan Sir,

Generally people like old cinemas for the songs which was quite meaningful and they impose good teachings for life. For example if you hear Kannadasan songs, which was loved by everyone even now. You will not get bored even when you hear it again and again. But according to me nowadays new film songs are good to hear for the time being only. It's just my opinion.

Regards
    Sowmya

Regards
    Sowmya

Thanks Sowmya for your response and agreeing to the point that old songs are realy good to listen and one never bored for keep on listening them. Old songs are well tuned with good lyrics of our personal importance. Often many songs lyrics coincides with our own family status too. Kannadasan Padal, M S Vishwanathan Isai, P Susheela and T M Soundarrajan play back singers means that song is a super hit.

K Mohan

Theeinal Sutta Punn Arumay...Aaradhey Naavinaal Sutta Vadu...

Old cinemas are the best. The music was good,melodious and meaningful.Especially the songs written by Kannadasan were a treat to hear.

The movies were also good and one could sit with the family to watch them. Even the movies of yesteryears were very good and those of the 60's and 70's even early 80's were very good.

You could still sit and watch them.

It is very rarely that one can come across a good movie these days. All the movies of today have only a few guidelines.

Violence,death and gore,tears and more tears,mother or motherland sentiment and a scantily clad heroine many of whose acting abilities have much to be said.

But of late as a good trend many movies with a rural atmosphere are being created.This is a good change that Tamil cinema needs.

But too many movies of the same milieu will turn boring again.It is very pathetic to see children on reality shows dancing to film songs like Aenperu Meenakumari..' I saw a young girl dancing with voluptious movements in a tv show recently.

Pathetic since she was too young even to understand the lyrics.

But there are a few very good songs I enjoy like, 'Kanngal Irandal'. I think It was an epoch making song. The melody is good,the lyrics are good and the actors have suitably wellplayed.

Maybe because the scenario is based on the 80's.

Again,as we would all agree,early musicwas the best. It can never be recreated.

Old Movies are Gold Movies.

Watch one such gold movie and think about the message given by the movie to you and the society. They will be countless.

Watch a movie of present time, I can assure you that you will be able to tell what the message was in a single line.

In olden days, Movies were the only means of communication and they were meant to convey good messages to all standards of people.

But, People have changed a lot. In these days, Movies are just to entertain you.

Old Movies are always the best.

Regards,

Chandru Always Rocks

Gayathri and Chandra thanks for your good responses. Olden movies always sustained the interests of the audiences and the people are more involved with the characters. I saw many women coming weeping when they come out watching a old movie. That kind of moving scenes are seldom seen now. Slowly the old generation are shying away from these new cinemas.

K Mohan

Hi,
    Old Movies are Really Good.Actually, Old Movies Mostly rely on the Epic Stories or something Else which makes a Human Being Good. And we can observe the taste of society in the Past times.But, we can't blame the Nowadays Movies too.Since, Some Movies are Really Good. Comparing to the Older Movie Scenario the ratio of outcome of Good movies nowadays is Less.Thats Right. Some Good New Movies came up with Good Messages are Thavamai Thavamirunthu, Mayakannadi, Anniyan, etc.If we take the Music Category Old Movies Rocks!Nowadays,the songs are mostly rely on "Technical Advancements in Music", Not on Lyrics :(.Cine Industry and song writers have to take care of this issue.And Recently Some Entertaining Movies are also came up with Good scope Like Thamizh padam,kannamoochi enada,Bale Pandia,etc.Any way I salute Great Old Movies and i Welcome upcoming Great New Movies.

Note: "Ethirneechal" By Mr.NAGESH is the Great Old Movie, Directed By Veteran Director 'Balachandar'.I like that Movie Very much for the Message in that Film. Expecting cine Industry to Reproduce the Same Sprit in New Nowadays Movies too.

Thanks Karthik Kumaran for sharing the view that old movies excel over the present one. The old movies had good story line , they can be watched with family, vulgarity is seldom shown, songs were always lilting and the most big thing is that they can be viewed many times without boring.

K Mohan

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.