The classes are tought with photos, video and illustrations on a wide screen which interests the children very much. And during the liesures they are shown with cartoon films.
Now slowly many schools are getting rid of book and homework culture.
Digi classrooms will be a instant hit in Tamil Nadu.
Theeinal Sutta Punn Arumay...Aaradhey Naavinaal Sutta Vadu...
Why we use educational media?
Educational media is designed to meet learning objectives
• Builds essential listening, observation and verbalization skills
• Develops critical thinking skills
• Engages and motivates students' interest with fast-paced and colorful
visuals, helpful in maintaining attention
• Provides different approaches for presenting materials
• Stimulates virtual travel outside the classroom
• Allows for repeated observation of an event
• Stimulates children's imagination and creativity
•Provides up-to-date materials/current developments
We tend to remember:
• 10% of what we read
• 20% of what we hear
• 30% of what we see
• 50% of what we hear and see
• 70% - 90% of what we see, hear and do
Research shows that students who are exposed to regular
integration of media into instruction:
• Out perform non-exposed peers on tests
• Score higher on writing assignments
• Are more active in classroom discussions
• Apply more varied and creative approaches to problem solving
• Use more figurative language
(Research project by Teachers College at Columbia University, 1992)
So the use of digital class rooms in Tamilnadu can be encouraged
Increase in the number of Engineering Colleges and computer centers are the clear sign that the people are aware of the importance of digital communications.
Digital world make us more accurate, fast, specific, powerful, and knowledgeable.