You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Share your place and its speciality

Whenever we say the name of a town or district, it will be associated with an item which is famous in that place. For example

Dindigal - Pootu(Locks)
    Sivakasi - Pattasu(Crackers)
    Salem - Mampazham(Mango)

Share other places in tamilnadu and its speciality here.
    Hi Meenakshi Anand kumar,

This is a nice thread to share about our area.

My native place is Tuticorin. In Tuticorin, the famous are,

Tuticorin Salt:

I guess most would have known that Tuticorin is famous for Salt. One fourth of the lands of Tuticorin is surrounded by the Salt farm. Tuticorin salt has been exported to other countries too.

Tuticorin Magroon:

Tuticorin dish is Magroon. Magroon, the dish, prepared from the tasty items like Pista, Badam are used to make this dish. All the tourists coming to Tuticorin will buy Magroon from Tuticorin.

Tuticorin Beach:

Since , Tuticorin is a sea shore area, the Tuticorin beach has been developed step by step and it has reached a fair level to grab the tourist to Tuticorin beach.

Shankar Ganesh

Attractive Contests in www.karnatakaspider.com.. Join now..

Thiruvaiyaru: Panchanadeeshwarar temple,thyagarajar utsavam and godumai halwa
    Regards
    V.Anagha

Hi Meenatchi Anandkumar,

I am from Tirunelveli. Everybody knows its speciality Tirunelveli famous for its Alwa.

Other Places and its Specialities to my knowledge:

1. Manapparai - Muruku
    2. Pathamadai - Pai
    3. Kovilpatti - Kadalai Mittai
    4. Pazhani - Panchamritham
    5. Thanjavur - Thalayati Bommai
    6. Kodaikanal - Kodi Munthiri
    7. Panruti - Pala pazham (Jack Fruit)
    8. Thoothukudi - Pearl (muththu)
    9. Kanchipuram - Pattu (Silk)
    10. Tirupur - Baniyan
    11. Madurai - Malli (Jasmine)
    12. Ooty - Rose
    13. Kallidaikurichi - Appalam
    14. Coimbatore - Cotton

Regards
    Sowmya

Regards
    Sowmya

I read the contents of all the members.

But I belong to Hyderabad.

I do visit TN and Cuddalore is my famous place.

Tiruvahendripuram near Cuddalore is famous for Hayagrivar sannidhi, Deivanayaga Perumal. This shetram is one of 108 divya shetrams.

K Mohan

Theeinal Sutta Punn Arumay...Aaradhey Naavinaal Sutta Vadu...

Hi,

I am from Chennai but I live in Erode.It is a town that is fast developing into a city.

Erode is known for its textiles like Erotex,its milk supply(for a long long time people travelling in trains past Erode would buy milk at Erode railway station.) We can get hot milk even in the middle of the night.

Erode is also famous for turmeric which is exported to other countries.

An Egg powder processing company is in Erode and is considered one of the best in Asia.

There are many temples in and around Erode. From Erode one can go to Kodumudi,Unjalur(Shesadri Swamigal brindavanam),Dharapuram Anjaneya Temple,Thirupur Venkatachalapathi Temple,Thingalur Moon temple,Bhavani Sangameshwarar Temple,Namakkal Anjaneya and Narasimha Temples,Bannari Mariamman Temple,Pariyur Kaali TEmple etc.

Film makers prefer the rustic locale of Erode and its surrounding towns for film shoots.

The people of Erode nay of all Kongu Naadu are very well mannered. They call all women 'akka' or sister and all men 'anna' or brother.

Hi,

Kindly check my list
    1. Kodiakanal - home made chocolates
    2. Villupuram - Koovagam temple
    3. Tanjore - The district which has more passport holders
    4. Kangayam - OX
    5. Rajapalayam- Dog
    6. Salem - Steel
    7. Mammalapuram - rock cravings
    8. Guindy(chennai)- snake park
    9. Thekady - india's first artificial lake on mountain.
    10. Karur - linens

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.