You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Whats the importance of '' TIRUKARUGAVUR'''

Please repond in detail.

K Mohan
    Garbarakshambikai temple is famous in Thirukarugaur.This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva is known as Mullaivananathar and Karukatha Nayagi Ambal. It is believed that those who are not having child would be blessed with a child if they prayed Karukatha Nayagi Ambal.

It is located 20km southwest of Kumbakonam and 20km east of Thanjavur. This temple is located on the banks of Vettar river which is one of the Branch river of Cauvery.

Town buses 24, 34, 44, 16 from Thanjavur bus stand will go via this temple. Town buses 11 and 29 from Kumbakonam bus stand will go via this temple.

Suresh Kumar R.
    Engal Vazhvum Engal Valamum Mangaadha Tamizh Endru Sangae Muzhanku

Thanks Suresh

Your reply is very informative and useful to those who dont know the importance of this very famous temple.

I think many members may start visiting this temple.

Good work.

K Mohan

Theeinal Sutta Punn Arumay...Aaradhey Naavinaal Sutta Vadu...

I am sorry to interrupt. It is thirukkarukaavur not thirukkarugavur.
    means the temple where karu(kid) was propected ( karuvai kaapatriya kovil). it is believed that wife of a sage had a complication in her delivery and when th ekid is almost dead the amman (garbarakshaambikkai amman) protects the karu in a pot and gives the baby safely to the kid's mother. This is just a rough information i know about the temple.apology is requested in case of sum error

Anagha thanks for responding and making corrections.

Good that you responded with good descriptions and details.

One thing i can understand that its a very famous temple prayed by childless couples.

K Mohan

Theeinal Sutta Punn Arumay...Aaradhey Naavinaal Sutta Vadu...

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.