You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Tamilnadu colleges & schools

The five Anna University of Technologies merged with Anna University

Dear Spiders,

The Anna University is the first technical University in Tamil Nadu and it was the only university to give affiliation and control all the Engineering Colleges In Tamil Nadu. In the year 2007, The DMK government established five Anna University of Technologies (AUT) in Chennai, Trichy, Coimbatore, Thirunelveli, and Madurai. These Universities have many colleges as affiliated to it which comes around it. The AIADMK government again merged all these five universities under Anna University, Chennai. Now, the Anna University again became a single affiliating university in Tamil Nadu and it started its execution from 1st August 2012 onwards.

The TSR members can feel free to share their views to this regard in this forum section.

With regards,

Senior Active Member of TSR.
    Hello manoharan,
    I think this is one of the the worse plans made by the government. I don't know what for these wings of the Anna University created in the past. I think there are many students who would have benefited if these affiliations had their powers instead of sticking to the Anna University of Chennai. I think there are students who come all the way from Madurai, Thiruchi, Kanyakumari for getting the application form of Engineering here at the Guindy Campus. But if the branches had their own power they can receive the applications at a different location that is very close to them. The Anna University should look upon this aspect as this would help many other students though there are online and postal registrations most of the most are not going for that so I think the University should develop more such branches keeping the students in mind.

Sudhan A

"All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers"

Sign In to post your comments