You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems

Is it possible to have Forum Footer in Tamil Script?

Hi,

Is it possible to have Forum Footer in Tamil Script? I am unable to have it.
    Anyone know kindly let me know.
    Vanakkam, Mr. Suresh Kumar R!

I regret that presently TamilSpider has no opportunity whatsoever to provide the members with the Tamil language in the Forum Footer. Nevertheless, I will surely like to bring this to the notice of our webmaster. I hope he will take the necessary steps having considered the various pros and cons of using the Tamil language in the Forum Footer in TamilSpider. If he thinks it is possible to implement, I am pretty sure he will implement the same without any delay.

Let me share my view about the manifold advantages and disadvantages of using the Tamil language in the Forum Footer of TamilSpider.

Advantages

* This will surely spread Tamil, which is very much necessary. Having considered the present context of neo-colonization in the linguistic paradigm, it is more than necessary to revive the use of the indigenous languages as well as the cultures they carry.

* More non-Tamil speakers will be interested to learn Tamil and this will add to the enhancement of the Tamil language.

Disadvantages

The database of TamilSpider is created mostly by the contributions of the Tamil speakers (members) though there are one or two non-Tamil members of TamilSpider like me as well. Nevertheless, we have to keep in mind that the audience or recipient of this site is global. For example, a person from America or England or even from some other provinces of India (as I am presently doing from West Bengal) is very likely to come to the Forum of this site, having found it interested. Nevertheless, if Tamil is used here without providing ample English translation, they will be disinterested as they will not be able to comprehend the same. The non-Tamil members of TamilSpider like me will also feel alienated (though I am sure they are trying to learn at least the basics of the Tamil language, as I am doing).

Having considered this, I feel it is better not to have Tamil in the Forum Footer. Even if we do have, we must ensure we provide proper English translations of the same.

Regards,

Kumaraditya Sarkar.

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar
    Site Co-ordinator, SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

Surprising CTR, CPC and eCPM in Punjabspider!

Hi Suresh kumar,

You can use Forum footer in Tamil here. But there should be the meaning of the word you use in English.

For an example, if you use a Tamil proverb like,

காற்றுள்ள போதே தூற்றி கொள், then you should give the meaning of the proverb in English, Make hay while the sun shines.

Use the following link to get Tamil words.

http://www.google.com/transliterate/Tamil

Shankar Ganesh

Attractive Contests in www.karnatakaspider.com.. Join now..

Hi Shankar,
    Thanks for your update. But Unable to set in Footer. It is displayed like ???? in Forums.

Priyamudan,
    Suresh Kumar R.
    Engal Vazhvum Engal Valamum Mangaadha Tamizh Endru Sangae Muzhanku

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.