You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Discuss: Whether Engineering Colleges quantity to be reduced in Tamilnadu?

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'Whether Engineering Colleges quantity to be reduced in Tamilnadu?'.
    I don't think the number of colleges in Tamil Nadu should be reduced. But the quality of education offered in those colleges should be improved. Its because every year the number of students coming out of Higher secondary schools is increasing. Many students are interested in joining engineering degree courses. Even this year also, only few seats were vacant after counselling. So, in the forthcoming years it will also be occupied. The only thing is the quality of the education system should be improved. Students should be imparted more practical knowledge that theoretical knowledge. Because when I did my engineering degree, the practical sessions and exams were there just for name sake. It should not be like that. It should be in such a way that the students should gain knowledge from what is taught to them.
    Regards,
    Rizwan.
    Practice makes perfect..

Thank you Rizwan for your views. It is the quality of Engineering education to be increased instead of reducing Engineering colleges, good point. As you said more practical knowledge is required than theoretical. The colleges can take their students for Industrial visits, can ask the students for a mini project every year, like wise.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.