You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Tuticorin

Renewable energy - The Future?

Dear Friends,
    My friend has taken dealership with a Solar Products manufacturing company. He has opened in Kovilpatti. He has Solar fans, lights, SOLAR INVERTER, HOME LIGHTING products. Even though the price seems to be little more than the normal other electronic products, the usefulness of such Solar products have a great future. He demonstrated Solar fan,last saturday.
    It is a very good product, runs around 4-5 hours with full charge.
    The powercut in South Tamilnadu is worst than ever. Minimum 1o hours a day.
    So I think using Solar products especially SOLAR INVERTER(which comes with Electric adapter also, if we need to charge in Electric). This charges with solar panels and can be used like our normal Inverters. Except the initial investment the life of this Inverter will keep your Electric Bills much lower, will help you in this increased E.B Tariff.
    I feel there must be some research done in Tamilnadu colleges for reducing the cost of Solar panels. There may be some ideas to reduce the cost. All people cant buy solar panels to their home. Only rich people can buy the solar panels. Solar panels are costlier while comparing to normal electricity bills. Only way is government can construct solar panel field at every area and distribute to the people of TN for cash. Government should really take step and find the solution. We have to keep in mind every day the population increases. At present we have so much scarcity for electricity then think about the future. If it goes on like this we get electricity only twice in a week.

You are correct. Solar Panel costs high. I checked with TEDA(Tamilnadu Energy Development Agency), they said Government will give subsidy for those who install Solar Powered Lighting System in their homes. In their reply mail to me they have informed that the total cost for 1kw Solar equipped Lighting system for a house will be around 2.25lakhs(without Battery) and 2.5lakhs(with battery), and also said that Government will give 30% subsidy for this.
    Since this is just a starting if more and more companies come into this Solar business definitely the cost will come down, I wish.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.