You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

How is power cut in your area?

Hi members,
    How is power cut in your district. I am from Madurai and I have only 12 hrs (mostly in night) of current per day. I have never seen electronics items working during day time. I feel like that we have moved to ancient days using Time machine. What you think as the reason for power cut? Is our TN government planned badly or is it mis-utilized by the political activities? Why can't government move to other alternative source of electricity instead making TN citizen frustrated.
    Hi Venkata Kumar,
    I am from Cuddalore. In my place, there is around 9 to 10 hours power cut daily in the interval of 3 hours between the power cut. The present government and previous government failed to plan the demand of electricity in Tamil Nadu. This led to the present power cut situation in TN. In other states, the demand is well planned and the necessary power is made available before itself. So, they don't get power cuts like us. Atleast if the Koodankulam Nuclear power is started earlier, it would have reduced the demand a little bit. The CM of Tamil Nadu JJ has announced that the power cuts will be reduced by the month of June. So, we have to wait till that.

Regards,
    Rizwan.
    Practice makes perfect..

Power cut has become a real big problem in Tamilnadu. In Chennai the power cut is for 2 hours in the main areas and the timing will extend in the adjoining places. Everyone are greatly affected due to power cut. There is no work for the Refrigerator because it works only for a few hours when the power is there. So we are not able to store any perishable items in the fridge. We are not able to drink ice water for this summer. We cannot store milk and milk products, batter, butter, fruits, vegetables, etc. So everything should be bought daily. Though many of them have the inverters we cannot buy a very costly inverter for running the fridge.
    E.Mangala

My native is near Tuticorin. Power cut is from morning 9 to 12, afternoon 3 to 6, and in evening 7.30 to 8.15, then followed in night after 10 for every 1.30 hours 45 mins.power cut is there. If correctly calculated power cut is more than 10 hours daily. My sons are really suffering a lot in night. I have bought them a solar fan.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.