You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What is the importance of Tirunelveli Halwa

Please give your candid and perfect reply.

K Mohan
    In madurai jikirthanda is very famous..

In Thirunelveli halwa is very famous..

In Thiruppathi Laddu is famous..

Arul thans for reply.

I would like to have a brief on Tirunelveli halwa.

K Mohan

Theeinal Sutta Punn Arumay...Aaradhey Naavinaal Sutta Vadu...

Thirunelveli halwa famously known as Eruttu kadai halwa, is preapared from wheat and milk. The halwa is prepared using the water from the Thamirabarani river.Pure Ghee is used to prepare the Thirunelveli halwa which makes it more delicious. Laxmi Vilas is the shop famous for thirunelveli halwa. Thirunelveli halwa is golden-brown in colour, which has a soft texture. It just melts in your mouth when tasted. Thirunelvi halwa is famous all over the state.

Radhika thanks for that brief.

I was not aware of its ingredients and details of it.

Your post provides all information.

Keep it up

K Mohan

Tirunelveli halwa is uniquely rich taste recipe of this region, blended with the renowned sweetness of the Thamarabarani river.

Hai Giriraj

How come you are comparing this with Thamarabarani river.

Any way thanks for responding.

K Mohan

Thirunelveli Halwa is made from extract of wheat and sugar and it's importance is so soft and tastier than any other sweets to eat and contains no additives or preservatives.

Thirunelveli Halwa is made from extract of wheat and sugar and it's importance is so soft and tastier than any other sweets to eat and contains no additives or preservatives.

Thanks for your reply but please come with your personal name. Company names are not allowed here.

And how come you got rupees two for this post.

K Mohan

Iruttukadai is the place where its made. I would gurantee that u cant find so much taste in any other halwa. Its unique and tasty and u cant compare it with any other sweet. if its salem for mangoes. Banrutti for jackfruit. I would surely say that even for the next million years it ll be THIRUNELVELI FOR HALWA

Hai Balaji thanks for responding.

I would appreciate if you can provide more details on this halwa as it is world famous.

I want to know the ingredients added to make it.

The cost of it and where it is available.

K Mohan

I found this info that might be useful for u..
    I understand that u are a sweet lover

Food itemes needed :

Wheat Ravai - 500 gms
    Sugar - 2 kg
    Ghee - 650 gms
    Hot Water - 12 cups
    Cashews - 1 1/2 cup
    Cardamon Powder - 2 tsp
    Milk - 4 tsp
    Red Colour Powder(or kesari powder) - 1 tsp

Method
    Wash the Wheat Rava nicely and soak in clean water for min 7 hours
    Grind it well and extract the milk with hot water.
    You will need repeat the extracting process for 7 to 8 times.
    The final grinded wheat rava will not have any essense in it.
    The extracted milk needs to be undisturbed for min 10 hours and then remove the top layer of water and retain only the thick milk.
    Place a wide pan and add 4 cups of water and mix the sugar to it once the sugar starts boiling add 4 table spoons of milk to it and remove the dirt that settles on the corner.
    The sugar syrup has to be in one string level once thats done add the red colour powder in a tsp of water and mix well in the sugar syrup.
    Mix well and then add the thick wheat rava milk to it and stir nicely.
    Once the milk gets thick add a cup of hot water and 4 tsp of ghee to it.
    You need to do it everytime the mixture gets thick and make sure it does not stick to the pan. It would take almost 30 mins to 40 mins to cook and before you add the last cup of water and the ghee Add the cashews and caradom powder and stir for another 10 mins. Mix well add more ghee if you need.
    When the ghee oozes out in the corner the halwa is done so keep stirring until its soft and creamy. Switch off the flame and you can either serve it hot directly or place it on a greased plate and cut into diamond shape or any other shape

Hello Balaji

Thanks very much for sharing this beautiful sweet information.

It was of immense helpful to me and other members.

I will try this at my home.

Meanwhile please post this in resource section.

K Mohan

will surely do sir..
    have a sweet day :)

I saw your resource on this halwa.

You got 15 points and three rupees too.

Good that you followed my advise.

K Mohan

Hai
    Tirunelveli Special Halwa is very popular,
    Tirunelveli Special Halwa is Specially Prepared with Traditional Taste which Satisfy the Halwa Lovers.

Authentic,Traditional Tirunelveli Special Halwa..is available in
    Fresh and Original Taste, the Cashew addeded in it enrich the flavor and taste.

Regards
    kavitha

Kavitha thanks for responding.

Can you please share the information where we can get this halwa in Tirunelvel and Chennai.

K Mohan

tirunelveli mainly irutu kadai halwa is mainly famous for its delicious taste and mouth watering prepration by the experts.the correct level of ghee,cashewnuts,sugars and other ingredients and the people of tirunelveli also make it a famous sweet in india

Asva thanks for responding and sharing the place of getting this mouth waterting Halwa.

I had noted the contents and its very useful to others too.

K Mohan

friend!
    i appreciate you to ask this type of questions

Tirunelveli is always famous for Halwa(alwa).It is is popular state-wide for its famous halwa (pronounced locally as alwa).
    The sweet dish is made primarily from :
    wheat & sugar

The best places to buy Tirunelveli halwa is around the Nellaiyappar temple and avenue leading to the central railway station.
    Two of the most famous halwa stores are Irutu Kadai Halwa, situated near the Nellaiyappar temple and the other being Santhai sweets . But try to find the original santhi sweets shop. The name Irutu Kadai of the former store derives itself from the fact that the looks of the store have been kept unchanged from the date it was started. Till date, there are no bright electrical lights or even a board to display the shop's brand.

thank you

James Thanks for responding and appreciating this post.

For the first time this post has got good response in this site.

I thank you for giving the address of getting this famous halwa which is useful to all members.

Keep it up.

K Mohan

Hai, Tirunelveli Halwa special&famous for Iruttukadai halwa.Iruttukadai halwa fresh and very tasty.I am purchase every week iruttukadai halwa.

Delete Attachment

Hai Nagarajan

The information was already provided by many memebers.

Thanks for responding and keep posting good questions.

K Mohan

Hi everybody,

halwa means vaiyela vacha udan valikitu poganum appathaan athu halwa antha properties thirunelveli halwa da iruku
    this is real i think,

Best,
    Vadivel.A

வாங்க வடிவேல்

நீங்கள் சொல்வது சரி ....ஹல்வ என்றால் நாக்கில் வழுவா வேண்டும் .. திருநெல்வேலி ஹல்வாவிற்கு நிகர் எதுவும் இல்லை ..

Thanks for responding..

K Mohan

usual ingredients along with the magic taste thamirabarani river water gives a fantastict idendical taste for tirunelveli halwa as a special one than other halwas.
    what i said is true one ...not a halwa to the readers........

Thanks Sakthivelrajan for becoming member of this site and sharing your view on Tirunelveli Halwa. For the first time in TSR this post has recieved tremendous response from all the members and i once again thank all those who responded to this querry.

K Mohan

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.