You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you believe in Astrology, horoscope and superstitious beliefs of our ancestors?

Hi Friends,

I have created this thread just to know how much is there a belief in horoscope. Tamilnadu is not only famous for its rich and varied heritage but is also bound to many superstitious beliefs.

Horoscope match is given more importance than all other things when in the case of marriage. Arranged marriages have become very very tough. Those having doshams for example, Rahu dosham, Ketu dosham, Kalasarpa dosham, sevvai dosham, Naga dosham and much more are not able to get a suitable life partner. They have to get married to one who has got the same type of horoscope. This is a tougher time for the parents to search the bride and groom and the marriage gets very delayed for these persons.

Please share your views about this.

I also have seen many people with this thosam problem. All that i want to say regarding the rituals are not real. These people keep up their mind in that manner and spoil their life.
    Where there is will there is way is the proverb. As for this proverb the life of any one's life is not on their fate. It is only on their hard work. Where there is the will to do something, will bring some good results.

Defeat the defeat, before the defeat defeats you

I agree with Mr.Jerold here. I too don't have any belief in astrology or any superstitious beliefs. Many people who are doing this job, they are doing like a business. For seeing profit, they are involved in these kind of activities.

Still there are many people who believe in astrology and live according to that.

Practice makes perfect..

I have belief in astrology and horoscope.
    Suresh Kumar R.
    Engal Vazhvum Engal Valamum Mangaadha Tamizh Endru Sangae Muzhanku

I have belief in ancient astrologers, horoscope and superstitious beliefs. But now everything is done for money purpose. So I feel today's astrologers don't no the exact astrology. They have learnt something hurry bury and implementing towards us. Many things were learnt from google in this generation. But google doesn't give the exact information. Mantras devoted in the Temples creates energy if spelled correctly. Think of the meenakshi temple in Madurai here the sun rays falls exactly in the pond inside meenakshi temple and the sun rays do not collate the kopuram. There are many mysterious in temples of Tamilnadu. Magic has exists before the decades but it is now extinct due to search for money and doing things without belief and doing work without passion.

Ancient novels says much about this magic. Also their aim is to find new things and inspiring thing. But now everyone aim is to make money faster and equip our home with latest gadgets. This is one of the reason for the extinction of magic.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.