• Category: Miscellaneous

Tamilnadu Hill Stations

Discuss: There are so many beautiful Hill stations in Tamilnadu like
    Yercaud Hills,
    Yelagiri Hills,
    Coonoor ,
    Velliangiri Hills .
    If you make a plan for a Holiday Trip to Tamilnadu,
    Which is your Favourate Hill station in Tamilnadu? why?

The most of the persons prefer only Ooty. The reason for that is that Ooty is the best place to visit. We have lots of place to visit in Ooty when compared to other hill stations. Most of the persons prefer only Ooty. The other hill stations will only have natural beauty but will not have nice places to visit but in ooty there will be more places to visit. This is the reason why Ooty stands first in the list of hill stations in Tamil Nadu. Next to Ooty, Kodaikkanal is the next super place to visit among the hill stations listed above. The other hill stations are not popular among the people of the tamil nadu. When the people from other places plan to visit the hill stations in the Tamil Nadu people only plan for the Ooty first and then they plan for the Kodaikkanal next. But the hill stations that are listed above are also excellent hill stations in tamil nadu.

Thanks & Regards
    S. Balasubramanian
    Site Coordinator Tamilspider
    Webmaster Chennaispider

Quote: "There are no accidents" - Kung fu Panda

Hello tamil-spider members,

I would like you to tell about the some of the hill stations i have visited in Tamilnadu.

According to me the best one amongst the all hill stations is kodaikanal.It has a beautiful lake surrounded by many hills.Very calm place and lovely people, i must say.Kodaikanal is a perfect destination if you are looking for holidays,in which you can just relax for the whole day and can hav egreat food too.

Second place i have visited is coonoor.Coonoor has good pleasant climate for the visitor to enjoy the trip. Coonoor is near by Ooty (around 20 km away). The botonical garden at Coonoor has some rare collections with it.I really liked the place and i will advice you to visit it too if you have never seen tea gardens.

Vellingiri Hill temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva. Devotees climb the hil to seek the blessings of the lord shiva and the surrounding area is rich in rare herbs that are in demand for years.

As told by one of my friends,if you are looking for some place to trek, Yelagiri is the ideal place to visit.Enjoy the beauty of nature very closely.

In Tamilnadu, there are so many great places to visit.i hope you will visit and enjoy.

Thank you.
    keep smiling.

Sangram Nandkhile.
    BE comps

hai spiders,

I think kodaikanal is the super hill station in tamil nadu.kodaikanal is a very cooooooooool place to relax our mind.

hi friends,

If it is hill stations in Tamil nadu, then my suggestion would be ooty. Ooty is Heaven on Earth. I went to ooty last year , 2009 august. the climatic condition in ooty was awesome. We've got lots and lots of places to visit there. The monkey falls, the Dhyanalinga falls( called the aindhu aruvi in tamil), the Maasaani amman temple, the Botanical gardens, boat house, the ninth mile shooting spot, dodda beta and many more places to visit.on the way to ooty, there is a theme park at mettupalayam, Black Thunder. It is ultimate fun being there.

The Nilgiris is also famous for its eucalyptus oil which cures multitude of ills in humans, the tea powder from the famous tea estates of nilgiris and last but not the laest , the home-made chocolates.we can get different varieties of fresh fruits in Nilgiris . so.. friends .. if you are planning for a summer vacation, ooty is the best Hill station in TAMILNADU.

Being in Hyderabad, i failed to visit any of the above hill stations and i am feeling shy.

Since i am based at Hyderabad no chance to visit these places.

Please throw some lights on each one of the hill stations for the benefit of all.

K Mohan

Theeinal Sutta Punn Arumay...Aaradhey Naavinaal Sutta Vadu...

The Always Best Hill Station in Tamilnadu is Kodaikanal since it's cool all over the year due to High Altitude and contaisn lake for Boating and lot of Trees to keep the atmosphere to rain and drizzle in Kodaikanal always .

Ooty is the best hill station than Kodaikanal as there are lot of places in ooty like botanical garden to see than kodaikanal.

Kodaikanal and Ooty are the best hill station in Tamilnadu.

Delete Attachment

according to me i would say that MUDHUMALAI is one of the most beautiful places in TN

ooty is the most preferable hill station as compared to other hill stations next in rating is kodaikanal and then the list follows

Though Ooty is Queen of hill stations it is highly populated. The same applicaple to Coonoor also. Next comes Kodaicanal. This place is also becoming crowded now a days. the accomodation is not developed to in Velliangiri hills.
    Here remains, Yercaud Hills & Yelagiri Hills.
    If I make a plan for a Holiday Trip to Tamilnadu, I may choose Yercaud Hills / Yelagiri Hills.

Hi Guys,

I have never went to a hill station other than ooty and i went there only once and that was during my college tour,Enjoyed a lot at Ooty and ecspecially camp fire at Ooty was amazing and hence I always say Ooty is the best Hill Station in Tamil Nadu.

Thanking you,

With Regards,

ooty is a very beautiful place with a cool climate and beautiful senaries.

Hi guys,

Ooty is the best place for visit in tamilnadu hills stations, It's looking pretty good, and there was tea, and coffee manufacturing areas are very nice and looking so smart, there is climate also very cool and there is cloud to touch in our body at every movement. Ooty is called known as tamil in "Othakaimadalam", Othakai means in vaanam and madalam means in "particular zone", so they are called othakaike madalam that why they called like that. Mostly we cant see that cloud naturally but there is always touch our body's on the clouds that's one of the main reasons and air mixed with water moisture,there is we can do feel it that's better

Delete Attachment

Delete Attachment

According to me, Kodaikannal is the best hill station in Tamil Nadu. The place is very clean.

I have been to Ooty, Kodaikanal and Yercaud. My favourite one is the queen of hills Ooty. Mesmerizing rose garden, beautiful botanical garden and breath taking Doddabetta. Wonderful place. If I get chance I would like to go for Coonoor as my next destination.

the best hill station in tamilnadu that i can say is megamalai which is located in western hills near theni town and the origin place of river vaigai which one among the unknown real hill station should seen atleast once in our life time.

I have visited Ooty, Kodaikanal and Yercaud. But for me Kodaikanal is the best place to visit for a vacation. More small villages like Poombarai are there which represents the nature's glory. Also it's cost-worthy. Unlike Ooty which almost lost its natural beauty, Kodai has some best spots to visit and entertain. And at the best, it is the only hill station which is clean compared to the other ones in the list. Shola falls and green valley view are the best spots that need to be visited in kodai.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.